Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got the Nokya Arctic White fogs, what a difference in the look, a very easy and impressive upgrade IMHO. As one who never even used the fogs until a reading a post elsewhere, I did not know how bad the stocks looked. I now leave the fogs on "for the look", with Xenons the fogs add little to already outstanding visibility.

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
What Foglight number are they and where did you get them? How much did they cost?

·
Registered
629 Posts
II, I think you have really done well personalizing your C. Are you going to fill the air dam vents with mesh when it becomes available? And please, part numbers and cost of the bulbs. I want to do this to my car! Thanks!

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks, the fogs are Nokya Arctic white H10, the bulb is blue with a silver tip, they are actually 55w not the stock 45w, I figured a 10w increase would probably be ok. I got them off ebay from NL motoring for $22 + $6.95 shipping, you can google for best price and shipping I used ebay cause I had some money in paypal from some ebay sales. Re lower mesh, if you look at the after pic my plastic is out. I have some stainless mesh from McMaster-Carr being cut at a metal shop to do the inserts. This is way too much work for a dremel although there are those who have done it. I tried and had black particulate in my nostrils from the gringing wheel after only etching the surface. For $30 I'll let the metal guys do it so my front under bumper pan and plastic inserts are off fot the moment. the plastic inserts were hard to snap out and I imagine will be even harder to snap in the mesh, on the mesh insert thread no major probs. noted.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanx NR, I can't believe the difference, guys, look at your fogs now, they look like the old sealed beams from the 60s. This picture barely captures the yellow essence. This is not the good yellow like yellow fog lights in the 80s. As stated earlier, this is for external cosmetics to match the xenons, little if any benefit in visibility. Might help those who are dissatisfied with stock bulbs, who knows, maybe they need headlight replacment bulbs too.I got this idea from the other fog thread and never paid any attention to them, kind of like the paper cone Boston spkrs I did'nt realize were so bad.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Noyka bulbs are notorious for melting your stock wiring. I know several people who have had this problem. I hope you don't have this problem or just incase you might want to upgrade your wiring.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kangol99 said:
Noyka bulbs are notorious for melting your stock wiring. I know several people who have had this problem. I hope you don't have this problem or just incase you might want to upgrade your wiring.
Good point, I only increased the watts from 45 to 55, I know on another light thread someone went from 55 to 80 (illegal) and I posted that very issue about melting wires, hopefully this is not a Nokya thing but excessive wattage problem. I think I will reach under and check for hot wires. Good point, that is what this forum should be about.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well II Kings, did you get a chance to check you wires yet?

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, I have to remove several screws from the under bumper pan and work my hand up in there, probably tomorrow evening. Hope I don't burn my fingers :eek: , I'll glove up first before sticking my bare paw up there.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Look Great

Look Real Sweet King, thanks for the pics and info! Great job! :)

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I checked the wires and they are not as cool as the center seed of a cucumber but not even warm, on a scale of 1-10 (1 cold, 5 warm, 10 hot) I would say 2-3. I did not check stock lights for comparison.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I would also like to get a set of those foglights. I don't think you will have a problem with them melting your wires since they are only 10watts more. Keep us posted if they do because I think alot of ppl on here with HID's will upgrade to those. They look great!

·
Registered
629 Posts
I'm sure it would only melt the wiring if you overwatted it too much. 55 watts isn't such a big jump from stock. I wouldn't be concerned at all. You can always turn them off.

·
Registered
173 Posts
II Kings, I got the same bulbs from that ebay guy and have them sitting in my desk waiting for the car to arrive now...

great working with that ebayer, i got the bulbs in no time after I paypalled him.

thanks for the info!

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thats good, mine took about 10 days to come cause they were out of stock, but they were very responsive when I called to find out why the delay.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just bought a pair of the Nokya Arctic Whites for my 300C. I did a quick check and it looks like you have to go in through the wheel well to get to the sockets. :eek:

Am I correct, or is there a way to get your trained chimp to reach down in front of the radiator and below the headlights to get to the fogs? :confused:

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
magnesium300c said:
Just bought a pair of the Nokya Arctic Whites for my 300C. I did a quick check and it looks like you have to go in through the wheel well to get to the sockets. :eek:

Am I correct, or is there a way to get your trained chimp to reach down in front of the radiator and below the headlights to get to the fogs? :confused:
Here's a thread on replacing thos suckers. Hope ya got small hands;) :

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1604&highlight=upgrade+lights

1 - 20 of 34 Posts