Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to Belgium and France soon and just read this.

As of Jan 2008 motorists will have to pay to access Belgian motorways. Ministers met on Wednesday and agreed to introduce a highway vignette or ‘tax token’. The vignette, a small sticker motorway users will have to place on their windscreen, will cost EUR 60 on average.

Can any Belgian members tell us a little more about this? How do you pay? Where do you pay? Do you have to pay for a full year or can you pay by the week or month?
Thanks in advance Gizmo.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
I reckon we will all find out soon enough on this one. If one of the main EEC countries develops a good money raising scheme the rest will follow right along. Gordon Brown would love this one - may he rot in hell.
Cheers John

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
I bet you will be charged at the m/way tolls(peage),unless its like Switzerland where you have to buy the "road tax" sticker at the border,it last for a whole year...whoopee...I miss switzerland now when I go to Italy

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys,

I suspect Uk Chrysler 300C is right. The article seems to suggest an annual tax. I will find out soon enough. Pity if its true I suspect that it will have the same effect as France and push more traffic off the motorways and on to the N roads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts