Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Running a little hot

I have the 180 degree t-stat and noticed on the way to work the engine is warming over 200 to about 210. I do a little auto sticking and some stop and go for a short distance, but it seems to be warming more than usual. Should i consider flushing and refilling the coolant? I did have the recall done. Any suggestions or is this a normal thing?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a 180 degree t-stat as well and also did the recall. Still gets a little warm when i'm on it. I did notice that when the ac is on it never goes above 180 degrees fan is always on!

Was that advice??

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
how long have you had your tstat in D? i mean has it been fine for a year and just started doing this?

if you just got it, im not sure how effective the t-stat is without some kind of fan mod. i know the fan mod doesnt do much without a t-stat, but i dont know about the other way around.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the fan mod but don't run it all the time, have had the t-stat about 2 years. Maybe getting warmer because the weather is waming up.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
maybe see what kind of difference it makes when you are running the fan mod. i use the Predator and even pushing it pretty hard, i never reach 200, im in the 190s. id say try to run the fan mod for a few days and it should keep your temps down, and if it is, might want to look into the predator or just using the fan mod all the time.

in the last 2 years the car wasnt doing this? it was always lower than that?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It has just seemed to happen recently, I have not noticed the temps get up like that before.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
i say try running the fan mod more. hopefully someone else can chime in, my knowledge in this area is limited to what ive done and know with my own car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts