Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everybody says its a "baby Bentley" - so I just had to "photoshop" what the "proper" emblems would look like.
(My apologies to CatchMeIfYouCan for using his photo without asking.My car is silver :eek: )

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
no problamo!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, where'd you get those!
Good stuff,..., come on, tell!

·
Registered
562 Posts
heh, the pic's were posted on this site a while back. Here's 2 more...

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Again, great photos.
Any idea who makes this stuff (especially the badges)?
Is it Bentley Dubs?
Using Google and all my bookmarks I've looked long & hard for "Bentley Dubs, wheels, etc" - and still cannot find.
Any clues?
THANX!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Redman said:
Again, great photos.
Any idea who makes this stuff (especially the badges)?
Is it Bentley Dubs?
Using Google and all my bookmarks I've looked long & hard for "Bentley Dubs, wheels, etc" - and still cannot find.
Any clues?
THANX!
me too redman i can't find anything at all any help ? thanks guys

Haydaz

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But, but,...., oh well.
(slinks away in humbled regret).

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have to ask this, why do a lot you want to make your car look like a Bentley instead of of keeping it looking like what it is, a nice 300. I think the 300 has a look that can stand alone. I hear people say it looks like a Bentley but I really do not see it. Maybe the front, but the rest of car looks true Chrysler. The backend and taillights looks a little like a Malibu Maxx. Sorry.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Senseless Toil

bigslim said:
I have to ask this, why do a lot you want to make your car look like a Bentley instead of of keeping it looking like what it is, a nice 300. I think the 300 has a look that can stand alone. I hear people say it looks like a Bentley but I really do not see it. Maybe the front, but the rest of car looks true Chrysler. The backend and taillights looks a little like a Malibu Maxx. Sorry.
Probably just the bad influence of all the ladder-climbing bureaucrats I work "with". Sorry.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
bigslim said:
I really don't like the comparison either, but the rear of the C looks tall and mean. Don't you have a Marauder? Talk about styling... Don't get me wrong but the 300C has got the Maurader beat on every aspect of styling IMO.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
aspendog said:
I really don't like the comparison either, but the rear of the C looks tall and mean. Don't you have a Marauder? Talk about styling... Don't get me wrong but the 300C has got the Maurader beat on every aspect of styling IMO.
I don't really care for the comparison either, but I have other vehicle owners also mention this to me on a weekly basis. Although I'm not trying to make mine look like a Bentley whatsoever, I'll still accept their compliments gracefully.

As a matter of fact, I was approached by a Bentley owner in my bank parking lot yesterday. He actually commented on how my car looks better than his Bentley 'Arnage'....must've been a paint color comparison or something ;)

Although I'd still go for an even swap (hehe), I'd have to agree with him that mine actually does have more exterior visual appeal than his Bentley. Although this guy could probably buy a fleet of cars just like mine, I did feel rather honored that he would actually take the time to approach me and comment favorably about my car...made me feel even prouder than what I already am. :)

I'll have to admit though, that my '300 Touring' certainly isn't a Bentley, as they do look very different (inside and out). :cool:

·
Registered
50 Posts
The Bentley thing's really just coicindental; the 300 simply looks attractive with a heavy mesh grille. The car (and the Pacifica as well) just looks very thirties, like hip updates of the Airflows with art deco touches and sharp creases. There are a lot of Chrysler heritage cues in these cars. One of which, of course, is the grille. (Remember the '53 Chrysler GS-1? That may be the true antecedent of the 300 grille, and one the weave of which one of the skilled metal-wielders around here should try to reproduce, for a billet grille with a twist AND story to tell!)

·
Registered
116 Posts
aspendog said:
Don't hate. You coulda had one too. Too late now. Mine will be a collectors car. Only 11,000 made compared to 100 billion 300's I see everyday. Not hatin on your cars, I do like them. To drive one it reminds me of the LS I had. I have respect for any rear-wheel-drive V8 American car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts