Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the new lady has been ordered with a Bentley Grille (well one has to does one not?) Couple of questions, is the Grille actually metal or a thin metallic skin over plastic? (I'm told it's retail is approx. 400.00? so would hope it's metal but again what do I know?)

Secondly, if fitting a new Grille, who owns the old one?

thanks again,

·
Registered
347 Posts
I dont know who owns the old one but the stock grille can be bought on ebay for next to nothing (saw one on there for £1 + p&p) so who cares

regards

elpirata

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
I'll second Elpirata on that one - ultimately I suppose the buyer of the car owns the grille (after all at the point of sale you have effectively paid for two grilles). But unless you want to decorate your garage wall it has little or no use. The quoted price seems about right and fitting of these things I am led to believe is a total bu99er. The full front fascia has to be removed. So, sorry, pay up and smile like the rest of us. :lick:

Cheers John

·
Registered
613 Posts
the new lady has been ordered with a Bentley Grille (well one has to does one not?) Couple of questions, is the Grille actually metal or a thin metallic skin over plastic? (I'm told it's retail is approx. 400.00? so would hope it's metal but again what do I know?)

Secondly, if fitting a new Grille, who owns the old one?

thanks again,
The Startech is plastic. Same is the actual grille that comes on the Bentley

·
Registered
46 Posts
Changing the grille in your driveway takes about an hour or so, removing the fascia is a straightforward bolt off, bolt on. I changed mine original back last saturday trying to ask a quote for a new one next weekend. And yes it is plastic like the Bentley one, I'm fully satisfied with the quality. Compared to the Mopar mesh grille the Startech one does not become "flat" in the middle. I payed for it in Germany €560. The only things to buy extra are 6 sheetmetal screws and sheetnuts to replace the rivets the inner fenders are attached.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you'll find no complaints from me. However, I'd like to very much say thank you to those that have responded

1 - 6 of 6 Posts