Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and I haven't found a threat discussing the headlight modification such as the one shown in the picture below. If such a thread exists, I apologize but I couldn't find it.
I love the looks of the headlights with the cover. They work great with a mesh grille and they bring the 300 one step closer to a Bentley look. What do you guys think? They're made by Tanahara Designs but I'm not sure they're available yet.
Anybody has them?
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
We have been trying to email tanahara designs but no reply. It looks really good though. Wyckoff is selling a similar headlight cover. Go to sponsor thread
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
frenchbiker said:
Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and I haven't found a threat discussing the headlight modification such as the one shown in the picture below. If such a thread exists, I apologize but I couldn't find it.
I love the looks of the headlights with the cover. They work great with a mesh grille and they bring the 300 one step closer to a Bentley look. What do you guys think? They're made by Tanahara Designs but I'm not sure they're available yet.
Anybody has them?
Here is one thread..
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3685&highlight=headlite+covers

Search-under headlite covers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
Wonder what happened???

Doc G said:
We have been trying to email tanahara designs but no reply. It looks really good though. Wyckoff is selling a similar headlight cover. Go to sponsor thread
You are right..I know several of us,including myself,
have sent emails about the headlite covers.I wonder what happened?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
524 Posts
frenchbiker said:
Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and I haven't found a threat discussing the headlight modification such as the one shown in the picture below. If such a thread exists, I apologize but I couldn't find it.
I love the looks of the headlights with the cover. They work great with a mesh grille and they bring the 300 one step closer to a Bentley look. What do you guys think? They're made by Tanahara Designs but I'm not sure they're available yet.
Anybody has them?
If there is significant interest in these covers I can make them (not a big fan myself). I have a close friend in the business who has a CNC that is capable of cutting these out of acrylic or whatever. They would need to be painted to match but I expect the cost to be significantly less than what I have seen posted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
You go man

Kool..
Any help on the matter would be appreciated I am sure.
Hopefully there are enough interested to make it worth while.
And to get a DECENT price on this item,that REALLY would be nice.
Thanks..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts
count me in aspendog.....im not sure if i like them either yet, but what the heck, if your can make them for a reasonable price mind as well get them just to be unique.


if anyone could photoshop a picture of the covers on a black 300C with the E&G verticle grill it would be appreciated, as i do not have a program to do so.


cheers!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
VIP Edition is Too expensive for me..
Will have to wait until more manufacturers are making
these,and some other products (spoilers,body kits,roof spoilers,etc),
and hopefully the price will come down to an affordable level.
Just My Opinion..
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
223 Posts
Im down for a set if the price is right & they will fit fine on a Touring.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
NDENT said:
Im down for a set if the price is right & they will fit fine on a Touring.
Off the advertised page:
the VIP headlight covers alter the front fascia of the vehicles by offering a dual round beam appearance. The look has been said to mimic the likes of the new Rolls Royce’s, but then again so has the 300C so why not complete the look. This addition, along with a custom grille will have you smiling each time the valet rolls up.

Only available for the 300C right now but coming soon for the 300 and Dodge Magnum.

HC300CRegular price: $299.95 Sale price: $279.95
Plus painting...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,066 Posts
aspendog said:
If there is significant interest in these covers I can make them (not a big fan myself). I have a close friend in the business who has a CNC that is capable of cutting these out of acrylic or whatever. They would need to be painted to match but I expect the cost to be significantly less than what I have seen posted.
I'm sure that some redesign needs to be done for the 'Base' and 'Touring' models, as to not obstruct the turn signals, but I'd also be very interested in a set of these if the price and look seems 'right'...thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
RE: Headlight covers

To all interested in the covers...

Design patents are almost secure & production just needs fine tuning I'd say about 2 more weeks. But I have been monitoring the disscussions about the covers and have noticed that 299.00 for the VIP(knock-offs) has seemed too high for most people. So i'm just curious what you guys think would be fair for a better product, because chances are our covers will be more expensive than the copies.

www.TANAHARADESIGN.com
 

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
Joined
·
7,554 Posts
TANAHARA_DESIGN said:
To all interested in the covers...

Design patents are almost secure & production just needs fine tuning I'd say about 2 more weeks. But I have been monitoring the disscussions about the covers and have noticed that 299.00 for the VIP(knock-offs) has seemed too high for most people. So i'm just curious what you guys think would be fair for a better product, because chances are our covers will be more expensive than the copies.

www.TANAHARADESIGN.com
Thanks for speaking up. Your design is elegant, imo. As to price, it depends upon whether it is colour matched or requires aftermarket painting.

If it is colour matched, I have no problem at $150.00 per side.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
Whoa !!

Northern Rider said:
If it is colour matched, I have no problem at $150.00 per side.
$300.00 (painted) for the covers is too much for me,
I only paid $199.00 for a color matched spoiler.
I paid $115.00 for color matched sport vents.
I paid $80.00 for 4 splash guards.
Sorry if I seem to be kinda "tight" with my money,
but I just don't see that kinda money for such a small item.
Just My Own Opinion...
know I'm gonna get slammed,oh well.
 
1 - 20 of 85 Posts
Top