Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very long story, but as of Sat night the C needs a whole bumper, hood, and both front fenders repaired and painted.

Some jackass who didn't know how to tie cargo down lost a box spring which hit the ground and turned into buckshot all over the front of my car.

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
Oh NOOOOO!! :eek: Obviously, I can't help you with a recommendation, but I can offer my condolences... I'm soooo sorry jjs!

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HEMEEE said:
Oh NOOOOO!! :eek: Obviously, I can't help you with a recommendation, but I can offer my condolences... I'm soooo sorry jjs!
Thanks for the sympathy! Yep, this sucks, big time! Like I mentioned...tore up a bunch of stuff. :(

Thankfully neither my GF nor I was hurt...missed the windshield somehow! :)

Apparently this debris also caused a multicar accident about 1/2 mile behind where we stopped.

·
Registered
236 Posts
JJS,

Sorry to hear about your "C". I'm glad that you and your GF were not hurt. The "C" can be repaired, but a friend can't be replaced! As far as parts go, if your insurance allows you to get the parts, get in touch with Ted at the Mopar SuperCenter (check the vendor links). I contacted him about some things I needed for my 300. If you lived in Delaware, I would have recommended Northeast Auto Body. A few family members had work done there and the cars turned out like the damage NEVER occurred. I hope everything goes well with you and your "C". Keep in touch!

Sincerely yours,

Brian T. Carotenuto

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the concern and suggestions.

You must be using the 'Active Topics' option, right? I am nowhere near Delaware (check out the forum I am in)... :D ....don't get me wrong, I DO appreciate your post. Thank you again!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Did you by chance get his plate number? I'm not sure how much it would help but it's worth a try when you claim. Maybe you can add your claim to the accident that he caused. Texas and their no fault insurance. :(

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mikes said:
Sorry to hear that. Did you by chance get his plate number? I'm not sure how much it would help but it's worth a try when you claim. Maybe you can add your claim to the accident that he caused. Texas and their no fault insurance. :(
Actually, and VERY thankfully he had insurance, I basically pulled him over until the police showed up, report filed, and adjuster already looked so this hasn't been near the nightmare it could have been, but it still sucks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry to hear you are another victem of knuckle head drivers in Houston.

Call the Body Shop in Spring - Louetta and Kyurkendal. Paul Peace is the owner. Had my Pontiac Grand Prix there a few years ago and they did outstanding body and paint work. Could not tell the entire door skin was replaced and the paint/clear coat was absolutely perfect. I mean perfect. These guys do a lot of custom work too, so they know the difference between slapping things together for insurance claims and doing a good job. Tell them you want OEM parts too, they will beat back the "Insurance adjustor police" so that you get them.

If you decide to go this route, ask to to speak to Paul directly and let him know you you what level of work you expect done on your car. He will be sure to bird dog his team to get it done right.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
134 Posts
How unfortunate. I am truly sorry about your car. I would have the red a$$, as I can imagine you do. On the brighter side, I am glad you no one was hurt. What about the multi car accident? Also do you have any pictures you can post of the damage?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts