Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know its not good at all to throw it in neutral, rev it then drop it in D......but do you guys find you can do better (and faster off the line) burnouts when droppin it into drive like this, or just holding the break and gas at the same time and letting off. just want to know how you agressive drivers out there go about smoking people who think they can outrun the C

·
Registered
974 Posts
going from neutral and dropping it into drive in my personal experience is never good. if i am not mistaken, i have done, and accompanied in doing, this process and it has always led to a transmission torn out. i think that the best thing to do is to power brake it to an rpm that does not allow wheelspin and let go of the brake and dump the gas. if you hold it at a certain rpm for a while, i have noticed that it is slower off the line, so power brake it for a split second then go for quicker hole shots. this should help a little

·
Registered
704 Posts
lennoxavesosa said:
i know its not good at all to throw it in neutral, rev it then drop it in D......but do you guys find you can do better (and faster off the line) burnouts when droppin it into drive like this, or just holding the break and gas at the same time and letting off. just want to know how you agressive drivers out there go about smoking people who think they can outrun the C
I doubt that the computer would allow you to do that, but why don't you give it a try and let us know what happens. :p

·
Registered
106 Posts
I can tell you that throwing the auto stick in first and power braking is the best. We just completed our burn out video and are editing so we can post. Hope to have up in a few days.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have a video of a burnout I did but could not upload it could some of you guys tell me how to upload it.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
jamoleh said:
I have a video of a burnout I did but could not upload it could some of you guys tell me how to upload it.
Hi Jamoleh. This site cannot host video format. You will have to place the vid on a server somewhere and have your post point a link to it. PM me if you need more help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts