Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking about going with the Mopar, is that a good choice???
lookin for OVERALL Best in performance,sound,look,$$$$, Thanks for your replys!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,955 Posts
Mikes 300C H.E said:
lookin for OVERALL Best in performance,sound,look,$$$$, Thanks for your replys!!!!

They all perform relatively the same.

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
This horse has been beaten to death, and then beaten after death, and then beaten in the grave. The only real benefit is sound - which is something to be considered with these great motors - and some throttle response. I think the Mopar looks the best, but you may as well just get the cheapest one and enjoy the same benefits as everybody else does that has them.

Eric

·
Premium Member
8,955 Posts
EricG said:
This horse has been beaten to death, and then beaten after death, and then beaten in the grave. The only real benefit is sound - which is something to be considered with these great motors - and some throttle response. I think the Mopar looks the best, but you may as well just get the cheapest one and enjoy the same benefits as everybody else does that has them.

Eric

BINGO!!!!

Nail on the head!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Mikes 300C H.E said:
Mike I just installed a Mopar CAI this afternoon in my black '06 300C H.E. It was a piece of cake and I love it!!!:banana: I do not have any experience with the other brands. My best friend in St. Louis put one in his Charger SRT8 a couple of months ago and he loves it. I say do it. Check out my post on the install at this link: http://www.300cforums.com/forums/srt8-general-discussion/24340-mopar-cai-6-1l-3.html

Keep us posted as to what you decide.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
K&n

In researching this I found that very few manufacturers report HP gains, most just say "improved flow".
However, the most successful name in the industry, K&N does make a pretty big claim for their "Air Charger" system of 21 hp gain. They make a number of compatible intake systems, but this one (for the 5.7 OR the 6.1) looks like a winner (if you are to believe them).
See their website:
http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=63-1114

This system is not legal in California, but I don't live in California...

Anyone have this one on their car?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Cai

I was also told that you might get better gas mileage. Well, I just got done installing my mopar CAI and it looks cool, sounds SWEEEEEET!! But I guarantee you it will NOT save any gas. All I want to do now is WOT so I can listen to that sweet sound!!!!! HEMI Baby!!!:fing02:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Tork Monster said:
In researching this I found that very few manufacturers report HP gains, most just say "improved flow".
However, the most successful name in the industry, K&N does make a pretty big claim for their "Air Charger" system of 21 hp gain. They make a number of compatible intake systems, but this one (for the 5.7 OR the 6.1) looks like a winner (if you are to believe them).
See their website:
http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=63-1114

This system is not legal in California, but I don't live in California...

Anyone have this one on their car?
I do.

·
Registered
780 Posts
70GT6 said:
That's interesting - the tubing for THAT K&N is SMALLER in diameter than the Mopar CAI specifci to the 6.1. Are you sure you got the right one???

K&Ns hp claim is for the 5.7.

I did the Mopar and love it not only due to sound, but it looks fantastic. I believe it has a ceramic coating as well for heat. It doesn't get hot to the touch and seems to have a clearcoat - indicating a ceramic coating. Plus it matches the car and the blue lettering looks cool.

I dyno'd 365rwhp on a 65 degree day stock w/ 1500 miles. At 9500 miles, after I installed the CAI, I dyno'd 370rwhp, same dyno, 75 degrees.

I could feel a subtle difference right after the install as well. Very subtle, but there. BUT OH MY GAWD THE SOUND DIFFERENCE AT WOT IS AWESOME!!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Tork Monster said:
So... are you pleased?
Do you think their claim is true regarding HP gain?
Ido not think the tube is smaller, I think the color makes it look that way. The tube matched the TB so there can not be much difference.

Do not know about any HP gains I installed the day I got the car. I know everyone has their favorites but K&N does make a quality product, I have them on all my cars and I can use the same "red" oil for all of them.
(I do like the Mopar version, but I like the black a little better)

·
Registered
780 Posts
70GT6 said:
Ido not think the tube is smaller, I think the color makes it look that way. The tube matched the TB so there can not be much difference.

Do not know about any HP gains I installed the day I got the car. I know everyone has their favorites but K&N does make a quality product, I have them on all my cars and I can use the same "red" oil for all of them.
(I do like the Mopar version, but I like the black a little better)
You might want to check that. It's so wide there is no possible way it can curve like that either.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
How does that Ingen get air to breathe in? Is it open on the end because those holes look pretty small. Sure is pretty tho ;)

·
Premium Member
8,955 Posts
MrHappy said:
How does that Ingen get air to breathe in? Is it open on the end because those holes look pretty small. Sure is pretty tho ;)

You really need to get your car MrHappy. :D

The 300 pulls it's air from a 3.5" hole underneath the box from in between the fender well and front end.

I don't know what those holes are but theoretically they can be closed and completely sealed like the Volant unit.

·
Registered
51 Posts
YESSSSSSS!!!! I installed the K&N CAI on my '06 300c and WOW!!! It came alive! I noticed a huge gain in torque. My 0-60 is definitly lower and the pull is amazing. I was surprised at the difference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's not 1987 anymore with shitty airbox designs. The hemis already ready come with an enclosed airbox ram air. So buying a cold air intake it should be considered a hot air intake since all your doing is exposing heat to the filter in the engine bay. Put a nice drop in filter in and save it for a programmer, headers or hfc where atleast a mild hp gain is available.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Amazing. Back when we were building and racing cars, 1960's and 70's, the intake (breather) in most applications, sat directly on top of the engine. I don't remember EVER having a heat issue. We didn't get too hung up on numbers back then just real performance gains...seat of the pants performance gains. I was an Oldsmobile man back then.
I installed the CAI on my 300 then tested it against the same car that gave me trouble before(1979 camaro with a 400 small block) I beat him consistently after that. Not by a huge margin but better than a half a fender in the 1/8 and a car length in the quarter. THAT is real world, seat of the pants results. Can't argue with success.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts