Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to give my engine a mean sound. 5.7 300c has CAI and Borla Exhaust. Would like a nice rumble from a cam. Whats the best one out there? reasons?

·
Registered
883 Posts
if you are lookin for the chop chop sound there is only 1 that i have heard that sounds like what i think you are lookin for.it is the stage 3 cam from power ported performance.name of the thread is you have to hear this I think.most cams for our cars dont have that deep lobe cause the computer is aweful picky and most people use car as daily driver.Plus on our 5.7 you have to change springs/delete mds once the cam gets so big,or get new heads at the sane time.Now if you are lookin for performance the current fastest cam only 5.7 has a Frank racing sidewinder cam.It sounds stock,smooth at idle and still has mds.He ran a 12.6 this past weekend at the track.Great number for cam only

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
I have attached a quick video of that radical cam for you.

We have many cams to choice from. Mild to wild and everything in-between. Power Ported cams have thousands of hours of research and development to provide proven power gains for your HEMI.

Please give me a call and we can talk more about your specific needs and driving style.

Have a great day!!!

Tim C

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
That is the toughest sounding idle of any LX I have heard. You guys certainly know your stuff.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
app

without knowing your specific needs or expectations for performance there would be no way to tell you which cam is best.

I wouldn't worry as much about the sound as the performance parameters.

And of course budget is always a consideration.

·
Registered
675 Posts
What's the deal @ ppp they have plenty different cams to choose from!how do you know which are for your car and engine? It states long block short block etc any help?there all priced around the same?a

1 - 7 of 7 Posts