Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,

I've ordered an SRT-8 form an out of state dealer and need to have it serviced here when it arrives. Would love your reflectionson your experiences with service departments at dealers here and what are the best service departments in the Seattle Area. I must say that after having dealt with some of the nonsense from the sales departments around here, I'm a bit jaded as to where I would go. Although I live on the East side, I don't know that I'd want to have my car serviced at any of the dealershpis there. Anyone got strong opinions on one way or the other?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
harrysam said:
Ok,

I've ordered an SRT-8 form an out of state dealer and need to have it serviced here when it arrives. Would love your reflectionson your experiences with service departments at dealers here and what are the best service departments in the Seattle Area. I must say that after having dealt with some of the nonsense from the sales departments around here, I'm a bit jaded as to where I would go. Although I live on the East side, I don't know that I'd want to have my car serviced at any of the dealershpis there. Anyone got strong opinions on one way or the other?
i'm in the same boat - SRT8 from out of state, live on eastside - looking for service recommendations.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
I visited Brewer Chrysler in Auburn last September....was impressed with the staff and look of their service department....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
I bought mine from Brewer, was pleased with process. Parts dept. stocked the splash guards, slush mats, and small touch up paint. Had the large can on hand next day. (Going to color match the splash guards) They are eager to see how the splash guards come out. Unknown how the service dept is, but they have been in business here for as long as I have lived here, since 1971.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
887 Posts
The N. Sea dealer I've had service mine has not impressed me so far. 3 times in for right pull, after 2nd time in, it was so bad I called them 2 minutes after I picked it up..3rd time and it's still not fixed but it's livable. They also have no clue as to updating the software to the latest version, even after I gave them info on it.

I bought in Vancouver, WA. after dealing with a few local sales depts....and am finding service and sales go hand in hand so far..

I'll be calling around to "interview" some service depts this week. I get the feeling if I can find one that is familiar w/the software update to fix the wiper and temp issues I'll be in good shape and will post.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
davequick said:
i'm in the same boat - SRT8 from out of state, live on eastside - looking for service recommendations.

Well all I can say is don't go near the place in Bellevue. I've had a horrendous time with them. Put an offer don on a 300c, they said come in to close. By the time I got there they had sold it to someone else. Ordered an AWD in early december and put down $500. 30 days later, no build date no nothing, so after seeing the wheels and figuring I'd have to spend 3k to upgrade and replace with 20s, I told them I wanted to get an SRT-8 instead. They said they would have 1-2 and would auction for minimum of $10k over MSRP. I tried to talk them into MSRP they said no. I told them if that was the case , to cancel my order for the AWD. They said their manager would get back to me.

I found the car out of state for MSRP and told them I wanted my deposit back and to cancel the AWD order (still with no build date, and still no manager call). They proceeded to get $hitty about it. I asked them what their problem was since it was their decision not to sell me the SRT-8 at a reasonable price, and I still needed to get the car serviced and would consider them. They said the car had been ordered, I told them it was their own fault since I had told them earlier to cancel it and they had chosen not to do so (why, because they knew they'd sell it anyway in about 5 minutes). The Sales guy I worked with apologized and said he'd ask for a full refund, but then the "manager" said no. Said the deposit was non-refundable (which they had never claimed before). I called my credit card company immediately and had them void the charge and I won't do any business with that dealer ever again.

The out of state dealer agreed for $250 to have the car delivered to the dealership of my choice for pick up. I chose the one in Kirkland. Will see how that works out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I do not own a new 300 but do have a 300M and owned a number other Chrysler vehicles and have found that Dodge of Bellevue to be pretty good. I have been doing business (parts and service) with them for the past 10 years. I have built a repoir with them over the years and I have found this really helps if any conflicts to occur. Prior to that Brewer (in Auburn) is very good as well as others in this thread have commented. However, I also live on the east side (Bellevue) and find going to Auburn some what inconvienent. Eastside CJ I will not go to for service or sales - just plain difficult to deal with. Have not tried Kirkland CJ but a friend of mine had purchased a vehicle from them and used thier service with mixed results. Good Luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good feedback. I was also referring to Eastside CJ in my post as the folks to avoid, and not the Dodge dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
Got mine at Brewer in Auburn & have no complaints, very helpfull & even got the service manager to check out this site!! He checks out the forum regularly now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,427 Posts
Now this is interesting; I haven't had a Chrysler to have serviced for quite a while. Not since my '87 Lebaron Convertable when out of warranty.
At that time Jack Carrol's Lynnwood Dodge was really quite good to me. Much better than N. Seattle Chry/Ply (now called Town & Country Chry/Jeep), where I bought it, or Dwayne Lane up in Everett.
I too will be looking when my 300C get here. It was ordered from Dave Smith in Idaho. These loco dealers around here were set on getting well over MSRP for it. So rather than buy an '05, and pay too much for it, I ordered an '06 for the right price, the way I want it, and will wait for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Best Dealers

Model 57... I did the same think... order from Dave Smith and I'll be looking for a local dealer for service, etc. Where are you in their numbering? Have they given you even a loose date yet? Who knows, maybe we'll meet over in Idaho when we pick up our cars... presuming my number is low enough!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,427 Posts
I just ordered mine last Wednesday. They are telling me to expect it June or July. I haven't been given a number, as yet. Who was your salesman there. Mine is David Anderson.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Dealer information

Model 57... I'm working with a John Sorrono (SP?). He's newer in the company, but has been very helpful. Back in January, when I asked to be put on a "list", he did it for me, but was later contacted by a senior sales rep only to find out that now "there is no list"... but I'd have to call in a couple of months AFTER the assembly line was back in production. I DIDN'T want to risk losing my spot on the "future list"... so I asked John to call me weekly for an update... he's been fairly consistent on this!

I've been given a soft quote... nothing in writing, but only verbal. I'm sure the price is about as good as I'd get anywhere else. I'm also not sure if I'll get a sun roof.. I'll have to check into this later in the week.

I'm supposed to be in the low 20's on their "list". John Sorrono through that Dave Smith would get a huge allocation, so I'm always hopeful. ALSO.. I was given TWO back to back slots, but can only purchase ONE SRT8. If you are further down on the list than early 20's, do you want to see if you could be placed higher in the list? I've asked around if anyone at my place of work would want me to explore them being able to purchase one of these cars... a lot of interest, but no one wants to sell their special interst car to buy an SRT8... can't understand why!

Let me know if you want me to check into this...

JRS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,427 Posts
Don't know about a list, I have been talking to David for a couple of months. But I sent him a deposit, and it suposedly has already been ordered.
I got a 300C with every option available, Nav, Moonroof, Sat Radio, Protection group II, etc. He quoted me a pretty firm price of $37,300. He says that there may be some slight changes of the prices on some options for the '06.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
harrysam said:
Well all I can say is don't go near the place in Bellevue. I've had a horrendous time with them. Put an offer don on a 300c, they said come in to close. By the time I got there they had sold it to someone else. Ordered an AWD in early december and put down $500. 30 days later, no build date no nothing, so after seeing the wheels and figuring I'd have to spend 3k to upgrade and replace with 20s, I told them I wanted to get an SRT-8 instead. They said they would have 1-2 and would auction for minimum of $10k over MSRP. I tried to talk them into MSRP they said no. I told them if that was the case , to cancel my order for the AWD. They said their manager would get back to me.

I found the car out of state for MSRP and told them I wanted my deposit back and to cancel the AWD order (still with no build date, and still no manager call). They proceeded to get $hitty about it. I asked them what their problem was since it was their decision not to sell me the SRT-8 at a reasonable price, and I still needed to get the car serviced and would consider them. They said the car had been ordered, I told them it was their own fault since I had told them earlier to cancel it and they had chosen not to do so (why, because they knew they'd sell it anyway in about 5 minutes). The Sales guy I worked with apologized and said he'd ask for a full refund, but then the "manager" said no. Said the deposit was non-refundable (which they had never claimed before). I called my credit card company immediately and had them void the charge and I won't do any business with that dealer ever again.

The out of state dealer agreed for $250 to have the car delivered to the dealership of my choice for pick up. I chose the one in Kirkland. Will see how that works out.
Interesting.

In December I called all local dealers (Kirkland, Bellevue, Seattle) and no one had a "list of interest", etc. on the SRT-8 but Bellevue was willing to start one.

I went down to the dealer and said I want an SRT-8 but I'm not paying a penny over MSRP. I told tehm I'd trade in a 2003 MINI Cooper S and they could make their profit on that - I wouldn't fight the wholesale amount for that car and they can still make a couple grand off the wholesale -> retail amount on it.

They agreed to at least take a deposit (Jim Patton, new car sales manager) and call me as soon as ordering opened, etc. and that I was the first person with money down on an SRT-8. (12/30/2005 or so)

I then called Dave Smith Chrysler in Idaho after hearing a radio ad and asking around at the office... other people loved it due to CHEAP no haggle prices. So, I put a deposit down at Dave Smith as well. I got a call back within a week that said that ordering was open and placed my order. I'm suppossedly #9 on the Dave Smith list but they are a huge volume dealer and they think they'll get more than that. And at a price of invoice (including invoice on all options) + ~$275.

I left a message with the sales guy I had talked to at Bellevue with my cell phone and office numbers saying that the ordering lines should be open and to call me.

I have NOT HEARD BACK FROM BELLEVUE. Ever. Not in the past 3 months did they call. They haven't cashed my check and I'll likely just put a stop on it because if they think they are getting my money or trying to talk me into a penny over MSRP, etc.

Nice.

Your mileage may vary but I know I sure as heck am going to avoid Bellevue for ANYTHING... I'll never buy a new car or service a car through them. They are a byproduct of more people on the east side having more money than sense and their business would die almost anywhere else in the world you placed them.

So I'm still waiting on my SRT-8, but I'd rather wait and be informed (Sam at Dave Smith emails and calls me occasionally) and get it at a good price then ignored and/or gouged by the local dealer.

-dq
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,427 Posts
Here here, I have to agree with what you have to say. Dave Smith is supposedly the world's largest Dodge dealer, and moving up fast as Chrysler dealer, I can see why. They work on volume, not gouging the customers.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top