Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I'd like to drop my SRT8 by 1" but was wondering whether it'd rub against the fenders at all?

What's the best lowering springs out there for these cars?

How have you guys lowered your beasts?

I don't wanna go too nuts... only 1" more would make it look better. Too much gap between the wheels and the fenders :(

Also, do you guys recommend using spacers to bring the rear wheels out more so it has a wider stance? Or is the best way to fit wider rims/tyres?

·
Away From 300C Forum
19,587 Posts
You won't have a rub at 1". Go 2" with 22" x 10" wheels and you'll experience a rub that rolling the rear fenders will take care of.

Best springs? Lots to choose from and they all work pretty much the same. Hotchkis, Eibach, etc...all pretty much do the same thing. Coilovers do a bit more giving you some fine tuning adjustments to get that just right drop you may be looking for.

I'd go with a bit wider tire, say a 275/40 or even a 295 which will work with a 1" drop on stock wheels.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks MADDOG, I'll look into 1" drop springs for the stock 20" rims. I'm not sure I want to go rolling the fenders with 22" rims.

I think 1" lower with the OEM rims would look much better as I personally think the car sits too high as is.

BTW, for the Corsa exhaust, is this the part people are ordering for the 300 SRT8?

Corsa Performance Exhaust Xtreme Exhaust Systems 14464 - $1494
http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/cse-14464/overview/

Pretty good price! :D

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Shop around for specials then ask Summit to beat their price. I got them down to $1,360 with free shipping in the US.
The problem is they come with eight lowering spacers 10mm H - 20mm W for the two cross members (I'm not sure of the proper name for them). Now when I go over a speed bump it sometimes bottoms out and grinds on the road surface unless I'm going super slow. Also when I drive over a pot hole, the Corsa Extreme mid mufflers hit the rear cross member just behind the drivers and passengers seat. So now I have two options (the front cross member is OK with the supplied 10mm - 20mm spacers). I can remove the rear cross member and bin it, but then I would loose this protecting my expensive mufflers. So I am having four stainless steel spacers turned 20mm - 20mm with a 8mm threaded hole in the top, with a 8mm - 30mm thread coming out the bottom. Then I can screw them up onto the existing studs. You have to do this as the existing four threaded studs are welded to the chassis and there's not enough thread for you to pack out with washers and do the nut up. But of course this will lower the cross member even further. So I would not dream of lowering the suspension unless you don't have speed bumps, or sleeping policemen as we call them in your area. I did report this problem to Corsa but they never replied.
Another thing to remember is the piece of tube in the fitting kit called the Pill resistor is only for 4-4's with a transfer box. It is supposed to stop lights coming on the dash but I don't have a problem with this anyway.
I hope this info helps.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback guys. I might wait and see how the suspension settles over the next few months and see how it goes.

Last thing I want is for it to bottom out over every damn speed-hump... what a pain that would be!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
If I lower the car with Eibach lowered springs, does that affect the adjustable ride settings at all? E.g. Normal, Sport & Track?

Or do those settings only affect the shocks?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmmm, all I know is that those settings adjust the dampening rate of the shocks. Not sure if adding lowered springs will affect that functionality or not....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts