Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanna get a nitrous kit for my 07 srt8. Wich is the best kit I should go with? Would probley be nitrous express brand I would go with. Let me know , thanks !!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I originally installed an Edelbrock 70216 wet system and heater blanket . I wrote to Eldelbrock and got the 125 shot nozzles. Also ran a Granatelli RPM Window switch. Remember that we run a waste spark system so a bunch of RPM window switch can't read the RPM correctly. Best add on was a Edelbrock remote electric arming valve kit so I could do everything from the drivers seat. Two buttons on the panel below the steering wheel - one opened the bottle and turned on the heater and the second enabled the solenoids.

Bit of advise - pull the drivers carpet just below where you left foot would rest and you'll find an excellent spot to run your cables; they come out below where Chrysler has already installed a plastic guard. I have the complete system described above, my wiring diagram and a nice j-box that holds all the electronics and electric solenoids for sale if you're interested.

Have fun.

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
I ran a nitrous outlet plate with 175 jets, ZEX twin bottle blackout kit, ZEX blow down kit on both bottles, nitrous express remote openers, nano twin bottle system (so no heaters required), nitrous outlet dual stage window switch and a lighted purge kit...

I remote opened everything on the fly from the ashtray switches...

Car was fast fast fast on it... Tune was Johan and great, I could leave it in all the time and even being fat it wasn't bad at all, tuned for 89 and ran 91 and some octane boost... Open on the fly and hammer it... Soooo much fun. Just nowhere around to fill the bottles so I said screw it and went supercharged.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I ran a nitrous outlet plate with 175 jets, ZEX twin bottle blackout kit, ZEX blow down kit on both bottles, nitrous express remote openers, nano twin bottle system (so no heaters required), nitrous outlet dual stage window switch and a lighted purge kit...

I remote opened everything on the fly from the ashtray switches...

Car was fast fast fast on it... Tune was Johan and great, I could leave it in all the time and even being fat it wasn't bad at all, tuned for 89 and ran 91 and some octane boost... Open on the fly and hammer it... Soooo much fun. Just nowhere around to fill the bottles so I said screw it and went supercharged.
Damn - Silver06Hemi wins the N2o setup. Funny, we both ended up Blown!

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
Damn - Silver06Hemi wins the N2o setup. Funny, we both ended up Blown!
Hahaha! Naaahhh... Just a different angle brother! Besides... You sure have got me now pal!

Speaking of that... Expect a pm or two in the near future, I'm starting my 6.1 build shortly and might bend your ear on a few things from your build.

Sorry for the thread jack op!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Go with nitrous outlet there plate system and kit are great...thats what i run...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
^ Good advice here too... Nitrous Outlet makes some great stuff!

Reactions: MY SRT8 HEMI

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nitrous express is the best in my opnion. They rate their jets sizes at the wheels. And their products are top notch from the bottle, to the heater. They have the new lightning valve 500 for optimal flow

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would say go with either Zex or Nitrous Outlet. Both are very good, Nitrous Outlet is a little better in quality but also a little more expensive. I personally run the Zex system and have zero complaints.

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
Might be stupid question. But I have 80k miles on my srt. Will I have to do internals to run nitrous. Also what's a good shot size. Don't wanna blow the motor to soon.
With a 6.1 at 80k I would spray a 100 shot but probably not much more if you want to keep it alive longterm. While I'm confident that the motor will take a 150 shot all day with a good tune, if this is a daily and not a weekend warrior I'd not push it.

The mileage doesn't scare me at all as at that mileage your well less than half the engines life cycle I'm willing to bet, just keep in mind that any type of power adder is harder on internal components and will wear her out a little quicker than usual. Also make sure you have a reputable tuner do the tuning that knows the hemi motor, if not you could shorten that engine life drastically.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Junk in the trunk.

This ZEX NOS assembly was on my SRT8 when purchased.
Bottle is full but I've never connected it.
Controls are in the ashtray next to the line lock button.
The installation needs to be purdied up ....
I've noticed in your pictures you are spraying the IAT that really isnt recommended ...The IAT should be relocated by the Air Filter or at least before the Shark nozzle...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Agreed spraying the IAT is a big no no

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
Can someone share Johan's contact info? I'd like to add nitrous and it seems he is the better tuner when it comes to this.
[email protected]

He's a great tuner... He'll get you setup with a good spray tune. He sure had my car rolling out.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
397 Posts
I used Brent Hughes at DTP racing very happy with my Tunes for NA and Nitrous.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Chrsyler Hemi Wet Nitrous System
Part Number : 741-05184BNOS
Is what bought, $880.00 and not only is it a plate system it comes with a window switch 2 stage controller. The instructions with it are to the very car you have a 6.1hemi. It leaves absolutely nothing to guess work, it tells you what values to program for your car, and exactly what wires to tap into for tach and tps, best complete kit there is hands down. NOS blackout kit too. I spent months comparing all others, NX Express, ZEX, Nitrous Outlet, etc… you won’t find better, trust me.
now I didn’t stop there, I bought Nitrous Outlet’s bracket/bottle heater kit for additional 270.00 and there switch panel that replaced my ashtray. 60bucks
Lastly I also bought a purge kit from JEGS.com, like 109.00 I think… I shop cheap too, this setup will be impossible to beat, and it’s all quality too, except for the purge , it works but it was purchased out of “just who really cares” it’s cheap attitude lol. Check out that kit though, can get it anywhere, Jeg’s, summit, fast hemi, Amazon, eBay etc. this was my 3rd nitrous install, and this kit is really good, mainly because the controller though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.