Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys, apoligies if this has been asked already but what's the best oil to use in our engines ? (I know they run Pennzoil Ultra 0W-40 as factory fill but unfortunatly down under in N.Z. I can't seem to buy this oil anywhere here), so my choices are limited too:
Mobil 1 0W-40 Full synthetic
Castrol Edge 0W-40 synthetic with Titanium fluid strength technology, (whatever that marketing bumph means)
and those appear to be the only two choices that's readily available here.

Seems to me Mobil 1 seems to meet more of the official spec's that Chrysler mention in the manual but not all of them ?

Thoughts ?

·
Administrator
19,737 Posts
Either will be fine although I prefer Mobile One as I have a lot of miles on engines with it and have not had any failures with it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks guys. I know Castrol have got in with BMW and Jaguar recently and are now the recommeded lubricant for those manufacturers, but on the other hand Mobil 1 is factory fill for a range of other fine vehicles like the Nissan GTR and others. Probably a case of six one way and half a dozen reasons for the other :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Crikey! I say go with whatever 0W40 you can get there, but we like Mobil 1

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just had an oil change at the dealer yesterday, as you pointed out, 0-40w fully synthetic from the dealer. As long as it's synthetic, you should be good to go.

Reactions: Rodge

·
Registered
249 Posts
I started with ultra and then switched over to mobile 1. The cost and convenience of mobile 1 was the clincher. I have run mobile 1 in my previous 1st gen 300 to 150k miles, a Pacifica to 180k miles and am also using it in my 09 Challenger SRT 8.

Reactions: Rodge

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. Mobil 1 0W-40 has been around for a long time and has a whole bunch of official accreditations and has a really good total base number at 11.8. That'll do me :)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I use 0w40 Nulon full synthetic in my SRT8, if you look at the independent test they Nulon had done for them in Europe, that compared their oils to other popular branded oils you would only use Nulon. But that may be because I care about my car and want less friction on my motor / engine. Having said that once my car is sold the new owner may not even give a shit lol. So may be it is a waste to money and time using quality oils,depends on how long you keep your car for I guess.

Cheers
Geoff

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
I've gone to a lot of trouble to get the penzoil from the states and that's what I use. The mount is another member over where you are and he also uses it. If you want to contact him he will be able to yell you how to get it should you want to use it

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
I prefer Amsoil don't have to change it for 18-20k can buy it online.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts