Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, I have a 300 with a 6.1 hemi. Yesterday I'm pretty sure I broke a rod I haven't taken it apart to make sure but all the research and the sound I'm pretty sure it's a broken rod but I'm going to pull the valves covers off today and check to make sure I didn't drop a valve because I recently just did cam timing chain all new valves surfaced heads and all lifters because I end up getting a lifter stuck few months ago car has 160k on it now got about 4k out of it after top end rebuild (ALL STOCK) super mad at myself for not just pulling and doing full rebuild but at the time I was strapped for cash

So I've always wanted to just rebuild the motor but at the time I didn't really have the money and I still really don't have it but I'm definitely in a better place than I when I originally rebuilt the top end and I just feel stupid just to put stock parts back in the lower end so I was researching maybe doing a 426 stroker but every time I find a thread it really doesn't explain to me what all I have to do to my top end in order to do that do I have to get new heads completely because I literally just had these ones completely redone or do I just need to get new valves and springs and cam if you guys can help me out I'd really appreciate it or give me options on builds or if you guys think I should just throw new pistons in it and call today and worry about building it later.

Thank you for your time

1 - 1 of 1 Posts