Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Sick of the amount of brake dust being thrown from my front brakes... looking to throw some Hawk pads on the front. Dont know any good pads with no brake dust. Anyone got any suggestions?

·
Administrator
19,626 Posts
I use the Centric Posi-Quiet ceramic pads on my SRT8. Low dust, great clamping, no fade at all.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Akebono's are great with barely any dust. I wash my car only once a month and the amount is so minimal it is unbelievable. I am only running them on the rears because on the fronts, they squeal horrendously. Thats after shimming, bedding, chamfering...literally everything in the book was tried to silence them. I do have 8 piston front calipers custom mounted on 15.4" rotors so I cannot say how they would fare on a stock 4 piston front setup.

They are silent on the rears though and I like them a lot.

They do have slightly less bite than the Stoptech Street performance up front. The Stoptechs are silent but are extremely dusty. They are the only pads I have found to be quiet on my front setup.

I had the Posi Quiet mentioned above but they squealed when cold on my 4 piston setup. After they warmed up, they were silent and bit well. I don't remember them very being low dust, but certainly a lot less than others.

·
Administrator
19,626 Posts
I purchased mine from Zeckhausen Racing but they are commercially available with a considerable number of firms.

CARiD, a supporting vendor here, sells Centric pads as does AutoAnything.com and a few others.

Here is the application chart at Centric's website for my 2006 SRT8:

https://centricparts.centriccatalog.com/Inquiry/AppResult.aspx?enc=Ub7Q6MBmhovrX%2bQHgbHaWJXFrwuSgSMYSMhXlEdeweRnZ5dKMyeXlZ0Mu3B238dZgtKX%2b1C8Ikdt89Jfi54iyiySAxsvxL3cn7hmD2JYlXVpV0AXpu5HFA2b0ZFFrn6N4%2bdxtguZdPKfcu7TYUcsx3LV%2bJlSNcd%2fpSomMjT0wKLlMJVTPlf0aLQg67X5B0r9

Stop Tech is another good brand to consider along with their braided stainless steel brake lines, which I also installed on my car.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Stoptech is a line by Centric with a more performance orientation. Beware of the Stoptech Street Performance if your goal is low dust. Otherwise, they are an amazing value, silent, easy on the rotors and perform very well for a performance daily driver.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Stoptech is a line by Centric with a more performance orientation. Beware of the Stoptech Street Performance if your goal is low dust. Otherwise, they are an amazing value, silent, easy on the rotors and perform very well for a performance daily driver.
With rims like these, my goal is definitely low dust... these things show it like a crazy mofo

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes, very happy. So happy that I also installed Hawk Pads in my S600 also. Mercedes service guy said No, No, No you need a softer pad. I said I am paying the bills, do what I ask. They did and braking performance improved substantially and less dust. My SRT8 stops on a dime, no shudder, no fade.

·
Registered
300c SRT 6.1 year 2006
4 Posts
Okay sounds good, so you used the one in the yellow packed? And what discs do you use? I think i get new discs to o before installing the pads

1 - 16 of 16 Posts