Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Best performance tire choice?

41K views 100 replies 25 participants last post by  Piggy. 
OP may wish to note that I have been running Michelin Pilot SS's on my car for quite a while.

size 275/35/20 works very well, razor sharp response and outrageous traction wet or dry.

I have run ALL major brands on this car and the Michelins are in a class by themselves. Amazingly quiet and WARRANTED for 30k miles!

Are they crazy?

Reactions: Koooop
How many miles do you have on then now Steve? Any major reduction in traction as they wear? What's your anticipation on tread life?

I really don't want to roll around on drag radials but I blow off any tire with even the slightest throttle tip in. Really thinking about the PSS rubber when I vaporize these new ones I just put on in about 8k.
About 10k miles of fun with no visible wear. Amazing in the dry, nearly providential in the rain! If only I had bought these sooner.

Since my trans work I have been a bit hard on those back ones...

Reactions: silver06hemic
I have run many sets of tires in varying sizes since August of 05 when I purchased the car.

IME the 275/35 is just as sharp as the 245/45's were. Maybe even a bit sharper.

Professional tire folks say a 275 is fine on a nine inch wheel, albeit towards the higher end of allowable. Moving down to 35 series may be what helped.

I have also ran the V12 Evos, they were excellent when new. But like most lower priced tires I have used they fade fast as they wear down. And they wore FAST!

No set I have had has made it to 20k miles. My new PSS's are warranted to go 30! At that mileage their price per dollar spent is admirably low.

Their handling, wet weather, braking, etc. is completely in a different class than ANYTHING I have used before. They ride FAR better than any other tire ever on this car...

Reactions: mikeap87
Good luck! Post us up an ET if you get to a track...

Reactions: Koooop
^^^Seriously?

These tires are simply amazing in heavy rain. Truly among the best you will ever experience...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.