Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello

ive been google-ing some performance sites for the 300c srt-8 , and got some sites, also been looking at the site vendors, but i couldnt find one site that has all the stuff.

lets say i wanted to buy the air hammer/K&N intake, Tstat, Pretador from one vendor i havent yet to find one .. what do you guys reccomend, what is the best place for buying these things ?

and be able to "fake" the customs bill is a plus since i live in Iceland and the taxes are high :24:

thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
PM me I will see what I can do for you...

·
Registered
683 Posts
I'd call Franks Racing. They are having a special sale going on for the predator/CAI/tstat

·
Registered
2,555 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
I'm all about supporting the "supporting vendors" but I'm also all about saving some $$. I've been checking Ebay and buying from the vendors there. Same brand new product way less $$.

Examples:

AFE Stage 2 Intake : Supporting Vendors - $295 and up, Ebay - $248

Posi Quiet Brake pads: Supporting Vendors - $167, Ebay $82

It used to be that being a member of a club/forum would get you deals with Vendors - not any more. It almost seems as if they keep their prices higher because they know club members want to support their supporting vendors?

One poor guy I talked to purchased an intake for $350 less than a month ago that is $250 all over the internet

If I can find it cheaper or same price from a supporting vendor, I'll get it. But to have higher prices by $40, $50, even $100 on the same product, no thank you.

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
I'm all about supporting the "supporting vendors" but I'm also all about saving some $$. I've been checking Ebay and buying from the vendors there. Same brand new product way less $$.
1. Just make sure that you are comparing apples with apples. As I am sure most are aware many ebay sellers run low lead-in prices and then gouge for shipping. Make sure the products you are comparing are exactly the same. Some sellers will use current product images but sell older product. Also make sure that the product is indeed brand new - many items on ebay are falsely represented as new when in fact they are used or refurbished.

2. Unless an ebay seller is an authorized dealer, a factory warranty may not apply. Some ebay sellers have "no return" policies. It's a good idea to compare return policies between the vendors you are buying from. What happens for example if an item arrives and is defective?

3. What happens if an item arrives damaged? Again, compare procedure between ebay sellers and supporting vendors.

4. Email the supporting vendor and see if they will price match. There are often "Group Buys" in which the deals can be pretty competitive.

5. Some items may require support after the purchase. This is where a "supporting" vendor may make up a difference in price. For simple products this won't matter, but for more complex or electronic products after-the-sale support may make all the difference in the world.

...and be able to "fake" the customs bill is a plus since i live in Iceland and the taxes are high :24:
The problem with this, aside from the fact that it can get a seller in trouble, is that a package can be insured only up to the declared value. So if someone sells you a $300 CAI, and marks the customs form with a value of $100, it can only be insured for $100.00. If the package is lost, who will pay? Sure, a seller can tell the buyer that the they will assume all risk over the $100, but if the package ends up getting lost, the buyer will be the one getting ticked off and "forget" all about his assumed risk. Bad blood is usually the result. Meanwhile, the seller is expected to replace the product, and may have to wait months and file a ton of paperwork to collect the insurance amount.

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
1. Just make sure that you are comparing apples with apples. As I am sure most are aware many ebay sellers run low lead-in prices and then gouge for shipping. Make sure the products you are comparing are exactly the same. Some sellers will use current product images but sell older product. Also make sure that the product is indeed brand new - many items on ebay are falsely represented as new when in fact they are used or refurbished.

2. Unless an ebay seller is an authorized dealer, a factory warranty may not apply. Some ebay sellers have "no return" policies. It's a good idea to compare return policies between the vendors you are buying from. What happens for example if an item arrives and is defective?

3. What happens if an item arrives damaged? Again, compare procedure between ebay sellers and supporting vendors.

4. Email the supporting vendor and see if they will price match. There are often "Group Buys" in which the deals can be pretty competitive.

5. Some items may require support after the purchase. This is where a "supporting" vendor may make up a difference in price. For simple products this won't matter, but for more complex or electronic products after-the-sale support may make all the difference in the world.

The problem with this, aside from the fact that it can get a seller in trouble, is that a package can be insured only up to the declared value. So if someone sells you a $300 CAI, and marks the customs form with a value of $100, it can only be insured for $100.00. If the package is lost, who will pay? Sure, a seller can tell the buyer that the they will assume all risk over the $100, but if the package ends up getting lost, the buyer will be the one getting ticked off and "forget" all about his assumed risk. Bad blood is usually the result. Meanwhile, the seller is expected to replace the product, and may have to wait months and file a ton of paperwork to collect the insurance amount.
EXCELLENT POST! I think I love you lol :)

On a more serious note, it's absolutely true and definitely something to look out for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts