Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering making the plunge into an SRT8, anyone know the best price in Canada for a 2006 (mileage not a real issue) I'm not sure about bringing one up from the US but might consider it if I can't get one for a good price here. Thanks.

Mike

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
SRT8's are not hard to come by these days anywhere. It's hard to say where the best deal is. You'd have to find one first and tell us what they want for it. It would also help if you put in your profile where you're located.

Bernie

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Bernie, I updated my profile, I am in Calgary (for now) Most of the SRT's I see advertised in Canada are close to $40K and I see a few good deals in the for sale thread here but are all US cars. I see bidding on Ebay goes to around $20-23K but the reserve is never met. I work at a dealer and am trying to get a deal but when it comes to SRT's they know they can sell it to a retail customer for a lot more than an employee so.......yuo know how that goes.

As a side note what is the process for bringing a car up from the US?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Mike

EDIT: Bernie will your 2005 be up for sale when the GC arrives?

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Thanks Bernie, I updated my profile, I am in Calgary (for now) Most of the SRT's I see advertised in Canada are close to $40K and I see a few good deals in the for sale thread here but are all US cars. I see bidding on Ebay goes to around $20-23K but the reserve is never met. I work at a dealer and am trying to get a deal but when it comes to SRT's they know they can sell it to a retail customer for a lot more than an employee so.......yuo know how that goes.

As a side note what is the process for bringing a car up from the US?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Mike
I'd suggest sending a Private Message to jaded300c, but you need to have 10 posts and 10 days as a member here first before you can do that. He's from somewhere in Alberta and bought a used 300C from the US.

What I can do is send him one with a link to this thread so he'll possibly be able to give you some advice on the procedure.

I'm in London BTW, so I can't help you locally. I can suggest you contact Steve Desjardin at Windsor Chrysler (in Windsor of course). He sold a number of SRT8's on this board 3 years ago to members from all over Canada. It's a large dealership and they may even be able to drop ship a car to your dealer or you could even fly down and drive back. It's worth a shot and you should be able to contact them by e-mail through their web site.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Nope on the 05 going up for sale. She's a lifer!!!

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
I just noticed you've been around here for a couple of years. You already have PM's enabled. In that case send jaded300c a PM yourself to find out what's involved to bring one up here.

Bernie

·
Registered
395 Posts
There is a 2006 Charger SRT8 in Salmon Arm, BC, (500k from Calgary) has been on the lot for some time, great shape, 9000 k, red, I think it has the nav, they are asking 37k for it, but I think they would take 33k or less.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I sell cars for Chrysler...Im in Ontario...but if you want I can have a peak to see what they are running through the auctions for and let you know.

My guess...high thirties is what you will be hitting...unless there it is out of the warranty stage.

Let me know...pm if you can.

Thanks

SD

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. Lucky, I am looking for a 300, not that I have anything against the Charger, sounds like a good deal could be had. When it comes to Chargers I actually prefer the R/T

SD, I am a mechanic for Chrysler, let me know what they go through the auction for. We have an 06 on the lot that has 60K and I think they will let it go for 25K. I have no problem with it being out of warranty. I don't want to pay high thirties, if that is the case I'll go south and pick it up there.

Mike

·
Registered
522 Posts
USA> There are a few members here selling for a great deal and its only about $1250 to ship from Florida so cheaper from elsewhere, then just 5% tax and its yours for thousands less. Mine was even made in Canada! Haha, I brought her back home....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Jaded300c, I am looking at buying a US 300 srt8, I just can't ignore the price difference, my question is are there any differences between the US and CDN models, other then the speedometer and the climate control? Also option wise?
Thanks

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Hi Jaded300c, I am looking at buying a US 300 srt8, I just can't ignore the price difference, my question is are there any differences between the US and CDN models, other then the speedometer and the climate control? Also option wise?
Thanks
Other than DRL's and the speedometer they're all the same.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Thanks, but its still cheaper in the US with less km, but I will keep my eye open for a canadain car first.....
Well, the only thing I have to say about that car is there's only 35 of them in Canada. I'd sure love to know the VIN though.

Bernie

1 - 16 of 16 Posts