Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just like the title, anyone know where to get the best price for a MOPAR CAI and the Zeckhausen brake pads for an SRT8? is the price on the zeckhausen site the cheapest we can get? thanks in advance for your responses!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
dont know about the pads but dont waste the money on a mopar cai.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I paid $92 for the posi-quiets shipped to my door for all four wheels off ebay. They were brand new and I love them.

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Posi's here as well and definitely no complaints. Bought through them directly.

·
Registered
803 Posts
just like the title, anyone know where to get the best price for a MOPAR CAI and the Zeckhausen brake pads for an SRT8? is the price on the zeckhausen site the cheapest we can get? thanks in advance for your responses!
I bought my pads from Zeckhausen because he provides GREAT customer service.

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
I just ordered a set of pads from Zeckhausen today, you guys seem to know what your talking about. Thanks for the info! The dealer has to install the SECOND set of slotted rotors for me next week (the first set now has about 5000 mi on them are warped or something). This time I want a good set of pads on them, because they won't buy me another set.

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
It's just very average for the price. AFE Stage 2, Air HAmmer or that new C&L seem to be the best choices. The Mopar looks like a pencil compared to my AFE2 when you see them side by side.

Eric

·
Registered
153 Posts
It's just very average for the price. AFE Stage 2, Air HAmmer or that new C&L seem to be the best choices. The Mopar looks like a pencil compared to my AFE2 when you see them side by side.

Eric
From what I have been reading it seems that there really isn't a difference in CAI systems with the exception of 1-2hp. It would seem that all the units give you roughly 10hp but I can't find evidence that AFE Stage II or Air Hammer are going to perform miles ahead of the Mopar CAI. I personally went with AEM on my V6 but I have not bought an intake for my HEMI.
YET:pat:

·
Registered
328 Posts
ahh intake schmintake...its all about the sound. and the looks, mopar looks nice...

·
Registered
683 Posts
with the predator and CAI I dynoed 10 hp over stock. Plus the mopar doesn't look nearly as nice as this.

·
Registered
622 Posts
with the predator and CAI I dynoed 10 hp over stock. Plus the mopar doesn't look nearly as nice as this.

Your telling me that you only got 10 hp out of the predator???? And the CAI???? I thought you would be able to get more than that. How much did that run you $$??

·
Registered
683 Posts
:S sorry but this doesent look good at all, no heat shield
It's carbon fiber, you don't need a heat shield.

Your telling me that you only got 10 hp out of the predator???? And the CAI???? I thought you would be able to get more than that. How much did that run you $$??
That is what I'm telling you but I didn't baseline my car. I'm going off of a 2007 bone stock SRT8 charger that dynoed on the same day on the same dyno. This was also the can diablo tune. Conditions were about 93* and 60% RH.

·
Registered
622 Posts

That is what I'm telling you but I didn't baseline my car. I'm going off of a 2007 bone stock SRT8 charger that dynoed on the same day on the same dyno. This was also the can diablo tune. Conditions were about 93* and 60% RH.
That doesn't sound like an accurate way to state the HP gains on first, your stock motor, and then Predatored and CAI'd, using somone elses car for a baseline HP number.

I would be interested to see somone's gain in HP who first dynoed their motor stock and then added the Predator 93 octane upgrade and then the CAI.
I thought, from what I've read here, that people were getting more than 10HP.

I think this is why some of us have decided to wait to purchase a CAI or the Predator. We are waiting for some dyno proven numbers so we can see what the Predator and then the CAI can do to enhance the performance of our SRT'S.

Anyone??
Just making it sound better with the intake is one thing, but I think I would do this mod to gain HP.

·
Registered
683 Posts
well that's the best I got. It was a free dyno pull so I took what I could get. Does it feel like more than 10 hp, yes, but do I have any proof, no.

·
Registered
622 Posts
well that's the best I got. It was a free dyno pull so I took what I could get. Does it feel like more than 10 hp, yes, but do I have any proof, no.
Ahhh yes, the Butt Dyno! Does anyoe have any real numbers here?
I know that there has to be some gain with the Predator.

·
Registered
14 Posts

well, CF is fine, the filter isint shielded, considering the MASSIVE heat the engine generates, the filter is just sucking in hot air from the engine, since its not shielded in any way like lets say k&n systems and more, or directed under the bumper/wheel

·
Registered
683 Posts
well, CF is fine, the filter isint shielded, considering the MASSIVE heat the engine generates, the filter is just sucking in hot air from the engine, since its not shielded in any way like lets say k&n systems and more, or directed under the bumper/wheel
The filter doesn't need to have a box around it either. Under hood air temps are not important what so ever...and has been proven in the past. One reason why the Air Hammer has no shroud.

The only time under hood temps matter is when stopped...as soon as you start moving again temps drop back down. Quantity of air is more important. For best performance temps you MUST ice the intake manifold...the air getting in there becomes way hotter before it gets into the combustion chamber than going through a pipe ever thought of.

So if you want to waste the extra money on a filter shroud go ahead but you'd be better off spending it on something useful.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts