Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 300S (245/45R20 99V) and will soon be ready for tire replacement. My car came with Firestones, which are quite noisy on the highway. I'd like to find a very quiet yet durable tire with a nice highway ride since I commute mostly. I have heard good things about the Continental Extreme Contact DWS and the Michelin Primacy MXM4. Does anyone have experience with these tires? Are there others I should consider? Thanks for your help!

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
I'd pick the Michelins over the Contis due to my experience with both tires. I'd look at Hankook, Nitto and Toyo as well.

A lot of what you pick depends on what type of traction and wear you are looking for.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More tire information

I would like to find a tire that would last 50- 60K miles with regular rotations. I do mostly highway driving. Not much winter weather here, but we do have rainy conditions and hot summers.
Most important to me would be ride quality (smooth ride, quiet ride), then tread wear, and then traction. Thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I would like to find a tire that would last 50- 60K miles with regular rotations. I do mostly highway driving. Not much winter weather here, but we do have rainy conditions and hot summers.
Most important to me would be ride quality (smooth ride, quiet ride), then tread wear, and then traction. Thanks!
Toyo all the way

·
Registered
479 Posts
Just picked up some Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season in that size, they have a 70k mi warranty, have about 10,000 on them. So far I am satisfied.. I had Nitto Motivo's they lasted about 55k but where starting to get load at the end

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have run Continental Extreme Contact DWs on Jag sedans here in FL. The were quite good and should meet your requirements. However, I have been surprised and pleased with the Firestone Firehawk GTs that came on my 2012 300C. Any tire, no matter the brand will become noisier with age and most particularly uneven wear. My 12000 mile Firestones are notably surefooted and quiet in turns. They show no wear as yet.

Don't be so quick to give up on the Firestones. I have not priced them but I do know the Contis and Michelins are expensive.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have the Michelin MXM4's on my 300S AWD. They have approx 34,000 miles and are very quiet on the highway and very good in rain conditions. Ive had Conti's and Firestones and while it does depend on which model tires you have, they were noiser than the Michelins. The Contis on my Magnum were factory and the worst tire I ever had on a car. At 1/2 tread life they were lethal in the rain. Ive always found Michelins to be the most consistenty good tire all round and so I stick with them. Im sure there are other good tires out there though.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I really like the Yokohama YK580 tires that I am rolling on now. They have a long treadwear rating, are quiet and give good wet and dry traction, plus are reasonably priced. They are available exclusively at Discount Tire.

Before these, I had Yokohama Parada Spec-X. I would rate the YK580s higher, and assuming they last as long as the treadwear rating says they will, I would definitely buy them again.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I really like the Yokohama YK580 tires that I am rolling on now. They have a long treadwear rating, are quiet and give good wet and dry traction, plus are reasonably priced. They are available exclusively at Discount Tire.

Before these, I had Yokohama Parada Spec-X. I would rate the YK580s higher, and assuming they last as long as the treadwear rating says they will, I would definitely buy them again.
Bingo! I ran these on my cool V, have them on my honda pilot, and will be going with these on my new C once the time comes. Hard to beat the YK580. Excellent tire.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts