Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always found that the first tank of washer fluid from the factory seems to be the best, so streaks, no dried residue, just plain works great.

I'm sure it's partly because of a brand spanking new windshield and wipers but...

I've used RainX brand (which does mess up the auto-wipers very occasionally) and also Prestone which is pretty good but is pretty expensive and hard to find.

What washer fluid would you recommend?

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
I love the orange Rain-X but I read the snippet in the manual about it messing with the wipers. Haven't tried it in the 300 yet

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
What washer fluid would you recommend?
I'm sure you're right about the wiper blades. I try to get refills in mine at Spring and Winter, but do push it past that sometimes. That can get a little expensive, true, but I really appreciate them during a storm and then its doesn't seem so bad.

I've been using the Prestone De-Icer. Don't know where you are, but here you can get it everywhere, including Wal-Mart as well as the usual suspects. It is $5 - $6 a gallon, but usually lasts me all winter and more. Compared to $55 for a gas fill-up, that feels like a bargain.

·
Banned
1,411 Posts
Never use any Rain-X fluid seeing all it does is leave deposits and a haze.

The only stuff you need is the clear standard windsheild washer fluid. The colder it can handle the better seeing it will have more alcohol in it.

Remember, NO RAIN-X SHIAT!!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
i`ve been using the prestone brand for years now and in many of my cars. it works the best. i can usually pick it up for about $3-$4 dollars a gallon around here. when i go to the dealer or someone who changes your oil,make sure you tell them not to top off your fluid. they did that to me one time and i had a frozen line. always use straight prestone in the reservoir. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Sorry I completely dont' agree..

Rain-X works great for me in all my vehicles (except maybe the 300 because of the rain sensor, but I wax my windows anyway).

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Been using the Rain-X* orange in both vehicles for a couple of years now. We've experienced NO problems with the auto-sensing on the 300C.

But I keep forgetting to tell the service guys to not top off the washer fluid when I get an oil change and they never fail to toss in some blue stuff.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I never use any other washer fluid than rain-x in of my cars and theres no problems with the rain sensing wipers soo far.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
water,the softer the better,doesnt clog pipes,jets,motor or screw with your blades,cleterars the screen perfectly.I know exactly what you're gonna say in a minute.lmao

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
why would you need water on your screen at -12,if crap is flicking up from the car in front it means your too close to stop if he stops,but at -12(dont know what that is in deg C but I know its [email protected]@kin cold)what craps is flicked up on to your screen anyway.It wont be snow(which wipes away anyway)and if its ice flicked up it must be soft enough to wipe from your warm front screen,but I know you're gonna tell me different.lol

·
Banned
1,411 Posts
I buy stuff that is rated at -45c for $2 a gallon and it cleans the window better than any of the rain-x wax crap does.

Plus I don't get blinded by oncoming headlights when the wipers make a pass and smear the crap across the windshield causing a whiteout.

Save your money, we have automatic wipers, we don't need special waxes to clear the windshield.

A year ago I had to rip out and clean a clogged windshield washer system filled with residue and was completely blocked and failed.

Guess what he used?

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
A year ago I had to rip out and clean a clogged windshield washer system filled with residue and was completely blocked and failed.

Guess what he used?
thats what I'm talking about,if somethings hit your screen it will wipe off without any [email protected] product,I've been doing it for 32 years,bollocks I,ve given my age away.lol

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
thats what I'm talking about,if somethings hit your screen it will wipe off without any [email protected] product,I've been doing it for 32 years,bollocks I,ve given my age away.lol
Water will NOT work in winter driving, at least not in places where we actually HAVE winter weather. And yes you DO need washer fluid otherwise you're just smearing crap all over your windshield.

I've always used the blue stuff that's good down to -20 fahrenheit (not sure what that is in celcius) and have never had a problem with clogging in any of my vehicles.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Never had any problems with that Orange crap clogging my systems.. Been using it in my Ram for three years straight.

As for the wax, I use the same stuff to wax my windows as I do the body of all my cars.. $45 a quart and I've never used anything better in my life.. It's slicker than greased monkey poo, and from what I've heard that's slippery..

You use blue.. I'll use Orange, someone else can use green for all I care!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Infrno07 you said it , up here in montreal, canada, we do use green stuff, anything that will not freeze in my lines is ok by me.

·
Registered
181 Posts
the only problem i find with the blue stuff is that if your not paying attention to the freezing point properties, you can accidentally put in the blue summer rated stuff instead. some places will top your car off with whatever they have without paying any attention. also you may not ever have any problems of it freezing in your lines if you car is garage kept. but if you have to leave the car out for long periods of time then just use the prestone,or the rain ex brand.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts