Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been sitting on a Grip Grille for about a year now. I can't think of a way to mount my front plate once its installed. The problem is that the original plate was not screwed into the bumper, right now it clips on the vertical portion of the stock grille.

Any suggestions would be great

Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Easy way is to modify the existing plate bracket by cutting off the big mounting lugs that stick out on the back side and trimming the edges so it conforms to the body curve below the grille. Then mount the bracket just below the grille by screwing it into the front facia (sse my pic). Bad news is you now have 2 screw holes in the front of the car if you ever want to run w/o a front plate.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Easy way is to modify the existing plate bracket by cutting off the big mounting lugs that stick out on the back side and trimming the edges so it conforms to the body curve below the grille. Then mount the bracket just below the grille by screwing it into the front facia (sse my pic). Bad news is you now have 2 screw holes in the front of the car if you ever want to run w/o a front plate.

Yep...that's how I did mine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts