1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone
I am a new member, registered today
I don't have a 300 yet, but i'm gona get it in august, so i'm excited lol
Could anyone please tell me which ones the better option-- 20's + lowering OR 22's?

thanks

·
Banned
6,059 Posts
Welcome to the forum. IMO, I would say that 22's and lowered would be the best combo:). But if those are your only two options I would say 20's and lowered.

If you were under the impression that 22's made it impossible to lower the car, you might be in for a surprise because it is easily and extremely commonly done. There are quite a few people riding 24's and have the vehicle lowered also.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys for the quick reply

and what's the lowest price i can get 22's giovanna's for....any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
Welcome to the forum aspiringjatt! You'll love it here. So much info at the tips of your fingers! When it comes to 20s or 22s - neither option is "better". Neither one presents any specific challenges or problems. Its all about personal preference. The only thing that would sway me towards 20s as opposed to 22s is the roads driven every day. If they're horrible, stick w/ 20s. If they're anything better than 'not horrible' then 22s will do just fine.

Here is some fun reading that should more than boggle your mind :)

22" Wheels
Ride Quality with 22" or 20" Wheels

The method in which you lower the car (springs, coilover, or airbags) will definitely affect ride quality. So keep that in mind as you read through the 1000's of posts regarding ride quality. You don't "have" to lower the car, but as soon as you see the large gap that the lower profile tires create, you're going to probably want to lower it a smidge.

Good luck and make sure you keep us informed of your pending purchase!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I'm also a 'not yet a 300C owner'. I'm planning on getting 22" rims and Eibach Sportline lowering springs, and the only concern was rubbing if your rim offsets are too high, and if you go with 265/35 profile tyres. I'm going with an 18mm offset, and 255/30 profile tyres, and I've been told there's no risk of rub with that setup.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks a lot 'notyet'..appreciate the response

Any say where i cud get lowest rim prices?
i know discountwheel warehouse and tirerack, any other?

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
Once you nail down the specific rims you want, start shooting PMs to some of the supporting vendors on here. Some that come to mind - TommyZ, Distint Motorsports, and 402 Motoring. These guys can get pretty much every wheel you want and if you ask nicely they may even pass along some of their distributor savings to you. After that, I'd search and search and search the Internet. After you've done all the online shopping you can, go find a local wheel shop. Show him the pricing you've found and 8 times out of 10, they'll try to match it (or at least match price + shipping). As helpful as the online shops and supporting vendors were, no one could come close to the price I got from my local shop.

G'luck.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
As for tires, you definitely gotta check out tires-easy.com for the absolute best tire pricing on the web!!!!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
22" w/ 265/35/22 all four or front only and 295/30/22...i'm running the 265/35/22 on all four and it's a better ride than the stock SRT wheels/tires...good luck - jimmy

·
Banned
1,203 Posts
I'm also a 'not yet a 300C owner'. I'm planning on getting 22" rims and Eibach Sportline lowering springs, and the only concern was rubbing if your rim offsets are too high, and if you go with 265/35 profile tyres. I'm going with an 18mm offset, and 255/30 profile tyres, and I've been told there's no risk of rub with that setup.
I wouldnt recommend only springs. They are notorious for wearing out shocks prematurely. That is why I havent dropped mine yet. 3 great options out there. Coilovers, air bags, and the cheapest and smallest drop is getting a SRT8 suspension from someone who went one of the other routes. I am looking into all 3 options now. SRT8 suspensions usually go between 350 and 450 used, about 1/4 price of coilovers.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Hrmmmm. I'd have to buy different OEM shocks for the back, because they're the 'self-levelling' ones too. So the total cost would be roughly the same as coilovers. How hard/easy are coilovers to DIY install?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
fyi. i have 22's and love them. i did change to an srt8 suspension because the car would scoot when i went into turns and hit small bumps. kinda freaky. a changed springs, coils and sways. one of the sways was the same as the c. i forgot which one. i don't think the sways did anything for the scooting. it lowered the car about 1/2". perfect for what i wanted. no more scooting rides great. good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
fyi. i have 22's and love them. i did change to an srt8 suspension because the car would scoot when i went into turns and hit small bumps. kinda freaky. a changed springs, coils and sways. one of the sways was the same as the c. i forgot which one. i don't think the sways did anything for the scooting. it lowered the car about 1/2". perfect for what i wanted. no more scooting rides great. good luck.
I just recently became a 300c 5.7 hemi owner i have my personal one thats on 22s and another one I picked up to sell with 20s wow I notice the difference the 20s is a easier ride but the 22s have their own look i was wondering if I get better suspension would the ride on 22s get better and the one with 22s has 91,xxx miles and the one with 20s has 193,xxx miles that says another but my question again was will better suspension make the ride better maybe coilovers or srt8 suspension idk also can anyone out there recommend a good tuner chip for my engine and model 2005 300c 5.7 hemi ? Thanks any feedback will be greatly appreciated just became part of the 300c hemi family 3months ago and just trying to learn as much as possible 😎

1 - 15 of 15 Posts