Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gang,

I think my rear end went out in my 06 SRT8.

I have been thinking about dumping a small fortune into the car to add some ponies and if i'm not mistaken, I saw that it would be best to replace all those goodies with Challenger hubs, axles, pumpkin, and rear section of a non-SRT 300C.

Is that accurate? How much do you guys typically see that package going for and how much does it hold?

I wonder if I can talk my warranty company into reimbursing me for the parts under my extended warranty and have the dealership put it all in. Probably a long shot but worth considering since it all has to be put in anyway. If not, maybe I just sell my brand new differential after it's in to one of you bloaks and put those funds towards the Challenger parts.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What Gear ratio would I be looking for? I found brand new parts for around $2k on ebay, or used for $600. But I wanna make sure I get parts that are going to hold up if I end up breaking the 600rwhp threshold in the future

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply.

I am going to be buying a house in the next six month so for the time being I think "extras" are going to have to wait. But after that I think I am going to just do the entire rear section all at once. Then transmission. Once I know that stuff will hold the power without issue, look into heads, cams possible TT or supercharger....tossed around the idea of a bottle but I dunno...Just for street purposes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts