Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yesterday I was able to get the money together and put on these tires.

I had the 245/55WR18 installed. As some have said the balance was a little bit of a pain but the shop I went to has a great installer and he did the work as if it was his car.
Well now that they are on the car I have to say number 1 the look is great and yes Chrysler should have put this size on from the start. It fills the wells perfect. Now for the road. The ride is outstanding, smooth, very responsive and in the rain they hold like a tire should as I see it. I am very happy with this tire and I would back anyone who wants them.
Oh and at speed they are rock solid. WooHoo best upgrade I have done to this car.

Fritz
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
milage

crhemi said:
More pics please.
How many miles did you get from the oem tires? I'm at 11k, do i need new tires yet? :silly:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok the ones that were stock SUCK. I was able to get 23k out of them but at 15k they should have been replaced. But since we were not getting any weather, I was able to get more time out of them.
I will try to get pics tomorrow. The car is a mess, the rain here just makes it stupid to wash it. So I am saying sorry now for such a dirty car.
I will post as fast as I can.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16 Posts
Abhunter said:
Well yesterday I was able to get the money together and put on these tires.

I had the 245/55WR18 installed. As some have said the balance was a little bit of a pain but the shop I went to has a great installer and he did the work as if it was his car.
Well now that they are on the car I have to say number 1 the look is great and yes Chrysler should have put this size on from the start. It fills the wells perfect. Now for the road. The ride is outstanding, smooth, very responsive and in the rain they hold like a tire should as I see it. I am very happy with this tire and I would back anyone who wants them.
Oh and at speed they are rock solid. WooHoo best upgrade I have done to this car.

Fritz
Let me "second" that ! I had these tires on my BMW 7 series - BEST all around summer high perf tire I have ever owned!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
G-Force tires

I'm on my second set of these tires. True, they handle great-perhaps because they are some of the softest tires on the market. that's also why I haven't done better than 15K miles per set (almost $800 when you include mount/balance).However, they are the only choice at this size. If you go up to 255/55/18, you have many more choices including Goodyear Eaglr and Pirrelli- has anyone else gone this route? Thanks for any replies.
Strattoni
Abhunter said:
Well yesterday I was able to get the money together and put on these tires.

I had the 245/55WR18 installed. As some have said the balance was a little bit of a pain but the shop I went to has a great installer and he did the work as if it was his car.
Well now that they are on the car I have to say number 1 the look is great and yes Chrysler should have put this size on from the start. It fills the wells perfect. Now for the road. The ride is outstanding, smooth, very responsive and in the rain they hold like a tire should as I see it. I am very happy with this tire and I would back anyone who wants them.
Oh and at speed they are rock solid. WooHoo best upgrade I have done to this car.

Fritz
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,252 Posts
check out C/D

car and driver just tested a bunch of high performance tires. You may want to review their results.

I'm no Goodyear fan but the Eagle that is standard on the CSRT8 won.


Steve
06 CSRT8
all stock all original
everything but DVD
waiting for software
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
stevesrt8 said:
car and driver just tested a bunch of high performance tires. You may want to review their results.

I'm no Goodyear fan but the Eagle that is standard on the CSRT8 won...
It was actually the well-rounded cousin (the Eagle F1 GS-D3) of the tire that is standard on the SRT8 (the F1 Supercar ) that won Car and Driver's performance tire shootout, steve.

The F1 Supercar tire offers outstanding dry performance, is abysmal in the wet, and fares quite poorly in all other Tire Rack evalutation categories.

The Eagle F1 GS-D3, winner of Car and Driver's best performance tire for 2006, is a superb all-around performer. This will be my replacement tire come Spring.

Here's that link: http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=4&article_id=10252&page_number=13
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,252 Posts
like 'em

I'm no fan of G/Y but if the tire is as good as they say I may jump on the bandwagon. I have always used Michelin and had great results on any vehicle.

My factory RSA's are leaving quickly. Can't seem to figure out where all that tread is going!


Steve
06 CSRT8
all stock all original
everything but DVD
waiting for software
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
stevesrt8 said:
...if the tire is as good as they say I may jump on the bandwagon...
The tire IS that good. If you've not yet looked at the user ratings in Tire Rack for this tire you should do so. They've been solid green for at least the past year that I've been watching them.

Nothing else in a high speed tire even comes close in total performance to the D3.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,252 Posts
impressive

that's what impressed me so much, well rounded performance is a rarity in any speed rated tire. most of them excel in one area or another, but few do everything as well as that D3!

They'll get a hard look because their pricing seemed very competitive, too.


Steve
06 CSRT8
all stock all original
everything but DVD
waiting for software
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
So is fair to say that is about $200 per tire already mounted and balanced?

Talk about crapy tires, the continentals gave me 10k, thats how many miles I have on and the rear tires are GONE, I MEAN GONE... I can not longer drive in the rain... the car will just spin out of control unless I let it take off on idle acceleration.

Any of you familiar with the 225/60HR18 Goodyear Assurance ComforTred?

Now, I am only looking to replace the rear two for now since the front two have about 50% thread on them left... the rears started eating the warning markers at about 9000 miles.

so my question is, how ackward would it be to place the 245/55/18 on the rear and the stock 225/60/18 on the front?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
So how about strattoni's comment that the BFG's wore at 15K - as bad as Conti's? Anyone else have some miles on them?
 

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
Joined
·
7,554 Posts
JustForFun said:
NR,

How are your BFG's holding up???

JFF:D
Very well. They are off for the winter, while I run Pirelli scorpion Ice and Snows.

This BFG tire matches well with the LX suspension. Reduces stopping distance; greatly improves cornering forces and handles well in the wet.
Great tire - easily outperforms the Michelin Sport Pilots.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
I just put these on Wednesday (the BFG kdws) and i love them. i really think this is the tire the car should come with. looks better, handles better, quiet tire. i dont have any noisy issues or balance issues with these. my stockers however shook and were noisy, as well as handled like crap.


this may put off my wheel purchase for a while. im really digging the way it looks and drives now.

i paid 140 a tire. not too bad. not the cheapest tire, but the the most expensive.

Michael
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
791 Posts
TraderJohn said:
Let me "second" that ! I had these tires on my BMW 7 series - BEST all around summer high perf tire I have ever owned!
I think you may be confusing the KDWS, a high performance all-season tire, with the KDW, which is the summer-only tire from BF Goodrich. While the KDWS is much better then the factory Continentals, it doesn't hold a candle to any summer-only tires, such as the KDW.


BF Goodrich KDWS (Left), BF Goodrich KDW (Right)
 

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
Joined
·
7,554 Posts
DZeckhausen said:
I think you may be confusing the KDWS, a high performance all-season tire, with the KDW, which is the summer-only tire from BF Goodrich. While the KDWS is much better then the factory Continentals, it doesn't hold a candle to any summer-only tires, such as the KDW.


BF Goodrich KDWS (Left), BF Goodrich KDW (Right)
There is a lot of confusion over these tires. The KDW has now been replaced by the KDW 2, which i run as a summer max performance tire:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
791 Posts
Northern Rider said:
There is a lot of confusion over these tires. The KDW has now been replaced by the KDW 2, which i run as a summer max performance tire:
What size do you run? As far as I can tell, there are no sizes of this tire that even come close to the proper circumference for the 300C (or the SRT8).
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top