Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the trunk Dynamatted (everything but the spare tire area) and it now sounds great! The rattles are gone and the bass is solid.

The trunk lid was filled with foam and then covered with Dynamat.

If you have woofers in the trunk I HIGHLY recommend you have this done.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I did my rear deck underside with FatMat, very nice. Wesexcellence stripped his interior and did the whole thing in Dynamat, he has pics posted in a thread somewhere.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Last I heard was that he was offered big money for the car and he could not resist the offer.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DOH! I was walking to my car today and noticed what looks like a dent in the trunklid. I think the weight of the foam and dynamat is pulling down a spot on the trunk.

DOH DOH DOH DOH:34: :33: :shocked: :mad: :zx11pisse :oops: :eek5: :eek:mfg: :disappoin :aargh4: :sad: :eek:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
To Heavy?

IGOTTASRT8 said:
DOH! I was walking to my car today and noticed what looks like a dent in the trunklid. I think the weight of the foam and dynamat is pulling down a spot on the trunk.

DOH DOH DOH DOH:34: :33: :shocked: :mad: :zx11pisse :oops: :eek5: :eek:mfg: :disappoin :aargh4: :sad: :eek:
Please keep us advised on this issue.

·
Registered
136 Posts
IGOTTASRT8 said:

my trunk is loaded down with dynamat and a fiberglassed trunk lid cover and it's good. it's a dent and not a bulge? i've heard of people foaming their trunks and putting too much in and after it expands it pushes the trunk out.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bigwise1 said:
my trunk is loaded down with dynamat and a fiberglassed trunk lid cover and it's good. it's a dent and not a bulge? i've heard of people foaming their trunks and putting too much in and after it expands it pushes the trunk out.
Well, It's bulging in, not out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts