Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the biggest tire I could run in the rear. I need to have load rated Tires so its proving to be a bit tricky. Something like a 275/40 or 285/40 or 285/35

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
315/30 would fit on however the lips need to be rolled all the way in. I too will be trying to go this size.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so this is what we have decided for the limo. I am sure it will work

Falken Ziex S/TZ

265/35/22 on 8.5" rim 15mm offset 29.3" OD

265/40/22 on 8.5" rim 15mm offset 30.3" OD

I need a certain load rating so I really need the 40 series in the rear. The rear is 1 inch Overall taller than the 265/35/22. So will this rear setup work.

Also as for the offset will be running airbags so we will want them tucked in under the fenders. 15mm means it will be 3 mm in towards the car compared to an 18mm offset, yes?

Thanks very much for all the info guys

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
VIP300CINC is running the following

Front 265/35/22 Rear 285/35/22 With Airbags so we will run the same setup

Going with the Yokohama Parada Spec-X Tires

Fronts will be on a 8.5" Rim and the Rears will be on a 9.5" Rim that way we have enough bulge to protect the rim.

The 285/35/22 is 30.1" so its 0.8" Inch taller diameter so its 0.4" taller in the radius. So about 10mm in the radius. Definately have room in the rear for that.

Would be buying Kartier Forged wheels but we need some gimmicks for the limo so getting DUB Showtime Spinners. Buy from Superbuy Tires hopefully they have a good rep.

Thanks heaps guys but I think this combo will solve our problems

·
Registered
697 Posts
I would try out the 285/40's. I have a friend in the limo buisness and I do all his cars trucks. I installed 24" on his 50' Hummer and 24" on his 40' Escalade.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
What bags are you going to run? I know with three people in the back of my car its hell on the bags.

·
Registered
16 Posts
......15mm means it will be 3 mm in towards the car compared to an 18mm offset, yes?
"In" towards the car? if you mean more tucked, then NO! a 15mm offset is more aggressive than an 18mm if im not mistaken?? an 18mm offset will give you more fender clearance than the 15mm. the 15mm will push the wheel out towards the fender risking rubbing issues.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"In" towards the car? if you mean more tucked, then NO! a 15mm offset is more aggressive than an 18mm if im not mistaken?? an 18mm offset will give you more fender clearance than the 15mm. the 15mm will push the wheel out towards the fender risking rubbing issues.
Ah ok....so a 15mm offset pushes the rims out further than let say a 20mm offset. So what offset is recommended for 300c's with 22x9.5" and airbags?

I want to avoid having to use spacers and avoid rubbing on the front.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
The bags come by weight rating. My bags now are RE5 slam specialties. The biggest bag that can safely fit in there is probably going to be an RE6 which can handle a good amount of weight. I would definitely stick with a bag rated to 200 psi or greater. The concern with the larger bags is them rubbing components of the suspension and or the shock at full lift. This will lead to the bag blowing 100% of the time. Just a little fyi for ya! :)
I have some bags being sent from the states. They are extra Heavy Duty bags. I will post up some pictures once it is all done

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
what are you looking to avoid rubbing? They will hit the fender lips so those need to be rolled they will also hit the inner fender if you are riding low.
Ah ok....so a 15mm offset pushes the rims out further than let say a 20mm offset. So what offset is recommended for 300c's with 22x9.5" and airbags?

I want to avoid having to use spacers and avoid rubbing on the front.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts