Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, first thank you to everyone who has purchased our catch can. Just thought I would paste this post that was made on the sister Charger Forums site from one of our customers.

You can also view this thread over on LX forums to see the results of many of our LX forums customers and friend telling their results billet tech catch can results - LX Forums Modern Mopar Muscle

Does the catch can keep the throttle body clean?
I'll let you be the judge.

Here is my throttle body after 16,000 miles without a catch can:

Here it is after I cleaned it with throttle body and intake cleaner:

Here is what my catch can collected in 1,000 miles on the highway:

Finally, here is my throttle body 2,000+ miles after I first cleaned it (w/ catch can installed):

I have seen a couple posts on different threads asking for pictures of a cleaned throttle body and then pictures again after driving for a while with the catch can. This is on a 5.7L engine. I know I may have the wrong thread here.

BT, you can use these images wherever you want if you want to. The alternative mount for my catch can (due to the ramair intake) worked great. Thanks.

Mods soon to come: New rear tires, earplugs.

http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/j...l75/?start=all

·
Registered
84 Posts
What is this catch can for?

Where is all the oil coming from?

·
Registered
84 Posts
What RAM Air are you speaking about above also?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I now have a vast knowledge of these filters... I spent the last day researching on my off time.

I wonder is this Billet catch can colescing filter? Is it like the steel wool filter?

I am under the impression that the ultimate catch can would have colescing filtering element. Does anyone know a better one than this, if it doesn't have the Coelescing?

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
I now have a vast knowledge of these filters... I spent the last day researching on my off time.

I wonder is this Billet catch can colescing filter? Is it like the steel wool filter?

I am under the impression that the ultimate catch can would have colescing filtering element. Does anyone know a better one than this, if it doesn't have the Coelescing?
I have no idea what 'coelescing' means. However, all BT products are made from the finest materials and hundreds of LX owners, including me, are extremely happy with the fit and job that they do. You may have spent one day researching catch cans, but I can reassure you that BT has put far more time into their R & D.

Here is a description from BT's website:

The first true catch can for the LX based Hemi rides both 5.7 and 6.1's. Made from 6061-T6 aircraft grade aluminum the results speak for themselves view them at billet tech catch can results - LX Forums Modern Mopar Muscle. You can also see more info at What about a catch can? - LX Forums Modern Mopar Muscle.

Save your intake and filter out all that junk that normally would be going back in. We supply all mounting hardware, fittings and hoses. Installation is simple and takes just minutes. Offered in satin, polished, and anodized to your choice of black chrome, mirror red, or mirror blue. This is just the start of our new peformance line of products that only BT can bring to our LX rides. Do not settle for cheap imitations. We are owners and enthusists just like you. We make everything in our shop and test each product to ensure you will get the best product on the market today PERIOD! OUR CATCH CAN WILL FIT WITH ALL AFTER MARKET COLD AIR INTAKES. NO ADJUSTMENTS ARE NECESSARY.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Mee to glad I got it... Thank you BT

·
Registered
4,564 Posts

I wonder is this Billet catch can coalescing filter? Is it like the steel wool filter?

I am under the impression that the ultimate catch can would have coalescing filtering element. Does anyone know a better one than this, if it doesn't have the Coalescing?
The BT catch can does have steel wool, which I believe is a coalescing filter.
There is steel wool inside the lid of the catch can. It is hard to see in the pic, but it is there.

One issue with the cans is the heater hose.

The heater hose will eventually collapse on itself because they are not meant for oil. You will need to replace the hoses with something meant for oil, such as Fuel Line hose, or PCV hose if you can find it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts