Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In November of '06 I replaced my 30 month old 300C with a new SRT8 - dubbed Black Beauty II.

And so began an open road and race track odessy of over 77,000 miles across Canada; through the USA from New Hampshire to California - and up and down much of Mexico.

Black Beauty II - in the prime of her youth - Chesapeake Bay, Dec. 2006

This car has been through the wars - cruising at speeds over 150 mph through the high sierra desert of Northern Mexico - ; crawling over rugged, frozen mountain passes.

BBII and I visited forum members along the way - took in the Spring Festival in Irvine, Ca., lapped many a track in the US and Canada. We modded as we went - visited the Corsa factory in Berea, Ohio for a mean sounding exhaust system; saw TommyZ in Detroit where he installed his new 'deep dish' grille; met Scott Peterson in Nashville - he installed his famous Airhammer CAI; chummed with Marc in Houston (one of two guys who I have ever let drive BBII - the other was Jim in Phoenix, Az - she liked both of them)Jim and I put in a Quaife rear diff, KW-2 springs and shocks and a 180 T-Stat; chummed with the Cali crowd - Linda, Ann, John, Matt and many more; visited Bernie and Emma in London, On. . . .

We have gone through tornados in Oklahoma; snow storms on summer tires in Illinois; run the Dragon's Tail in the Blue Ridge Mountains; ran into a roadblock in Mexico - went through it at speed - and outran the pursuers - not sure if they were the good guys or the bad guys - never stopped to ask); plowed through snow storms in Ontario; sweated through the Imperial dunes in SoCal . . .

Had a pick up truck climb up the side of BBII in Mazatlan, Mexico and went to jail for a few hours while the police sorted things out; hammered out the dents in Tuscon . . .

Yep, the old gal and I have rode hard together for the past 4 years, and I have become very attached to this amazing steed. She has never let me down once - despite my constant abuse - and she has saved my bacon on more than one occasion.

So, you see, it's payback time for me. for the past 4 weeks the ole' gal's been resting at the auto spa getting a complete bumper to bumper make over.

Now - I present to you, the newly refreshed Black Beauty II:

Can you spot anything different? Here's a clue -

No - the emblem is not on the fender. Here's another view:

She's had a nose - or more precisely, a hood job! The air intake is fully functional, and the hood also extracts hot air at the back, by the windshield.

It snowed overnight in Ottawa, so I thought I'd better grab some pics before taking the summer wheels and tires off for the winter ones.

Every square inch has been sanded down; all dents removed; the finish repainted to better than OEM; lots of clear coat and final buffing.

The car has been dechromed and debadged. We have added the 6.1 HEMI emblem from the Challenger SRT8 to the large hood bulge and some Billet jewellry from BT (rear wing and front oval for grille)

Here's the view of the hood that I get from the cockpit.

I think the new look suits the old girl - What do you think?

There are more pics in the gallery at: Chrysler 300C & SRT-8 Photo Gallery - Northern Rider Album

·
Administrator
14,580 Posts
Much better hood than the last one...haha. Paint looks shiny too, but it's too bad it's this time of the year. Jeez, you weren't kidding about the snow eh!!!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
3,262 Posts
Looks good..

bernie, the frankenstein looking hood he had was a winner....

·
Banned
91 Posts
that hood is gorgeous

Reactions: FASTINFLORIDA

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Nice overhaul, NR! I like this version the BEST. In your case, it's just as much about the outside as it is under that new hood. Congratulations on it all. So slick and shiny, too. Be careful driving in that snow.

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
Looks awesome! I like the hood and the emblems too.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Congrats on the new paint and hood. The car looks awesome and that's quite the adventure you've taken this car on. I'm jealous

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the kind comments.

It is often said that repaints never come out as well as the factory paint. In this case, we went to great lengths to prove that wrong. The attention to detail; paint around windows and moldings; abscence of orange peel or specks in the paint has to be seen to be believed (they even pulled and replaced the front windshield).

Kudos to Frank and the guys at BEMAC Auto Body in Ottawa for an awesome job.

·
Premium Member
7,948 Posts
Thanks for all the kind comments.

It is often said that repaints never come out as well as the factory paint. In this case, we went to great lengths to prove that wrong. The attention to detail; paint around windows and moldings; abscence of orange peel or specks in the paint has to be seen to be believed (they even pulled and replaced the front windshield).

Kudos to Frank and the guys at BEMAC Auto Body in Ottawa for an awesome job.

I might go there for my work in future! .............errrr maybe not

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Looks fantastic! I'm just surprised you did on that work on a practically new-trailer queen ride :)

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bob - you know how it is - she can never be too shiney! :biggrin:

Now all she wants, is for me to come down your way and get some platinum ghost flames with a shadow wolf in there somewhere . . . . :)

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
I sense a road trip. Shiney good (think Frankenstein voice). She looks darker than BB. That hood is much different than the louvers. And may i ask what tails they are?

·
Registered
37 Posts
The ride is absolutely immaculate brother!!! The new hood makes it look unstoppable. Thank you very much for sharing those wonderful photos with us!!!

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
The ride is absolutely immaculate brother!!! The new hood makes it look unstoppable. Thank you very much for sharing those wonderful photos with us!!!
another reason to make a road trip-Meet True!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts