Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has found a hard date (or even vaguely firm) for the release of the black chrome package like on the 300 shown to journalists last month. I stopped by my local dealer this weekend and they said it's not on the list of options yet when placing orders for the SRT-8. Seeing as my SRT-8 hibernates and the Ram takes over for the winter, I'd like to place an order for me to pick up either before or after the winter mess. All my internet trolling has given me is 'late arriving' and nothing more.

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
Just curious if anyone has found a hard date (or even vaguely firm) for the release of the black chrome package like on the 300 shown to journalists last month.
Order banks will open this coming Wednesday. Production will start the first week of December.

MSRP: $795.00

·
Registered
29 Posts
where do I go to get this kit? I am interested in getting it for my 2011 Chrysler 300.
Is it available at dealers? My dealer had no idea what it was when I called them.
Do you have a part number?

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
You can't buy this as a kit as it is a trim package only available on the 300 srt8.

They finish the wheels, grill surround, window surround and the small silver 'swoop' in the headlight in a black chrome finish.

·
Chrysler Customer Service Agent
1,171 Posts
Don't know of any place that currently sells black chrome trim pieces as a kit. There are several places that offer black chrome plating. A simple google search will bring up several all across the country.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Can you help me with the oem number for each part of the black chrome package? I tried the parts online with no luck.
thanks

Don't know of any place that currently sells black chrome trim pieces as a kit. There are several places that offer black chrome plating. A simple google search will bring up several all across the country.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Other than the wheels, there are only 3 other parts for the black chrome package.
1SF04SZR-AA Front Main Grill List $ 484.00
68156960-AA Front Lower Grill List $ 180.00
1TR10SZR-AA Rear Lower Strip List $ 202.00

·
Registered
182 Posts
amazing that the rear accent strip is $200. Might just shoot it myself vs. pay $200 for such a small piece.

Another question - has anybody removed the window trim yet? Easy to do without breaking it? I'd like to paint these in black chrome as well as its a glaring omission that Chrysler didn't do the molding in a matching finish.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
The rear piece includes both the black insert as well as the black chrome strip. They don't sell the strip by itself.

Before getting the rear piece, I had temporarily wrapped my chrome one in black vinyl and it looked really good that way. I also had my window trim wrapped in black vinyl. There's almost no way to remove the trim for painting. You really need to either wrap it or buy new ones to paint (or try painting the existing ones while on the vehicle).

·
Registered
182 Posts
ahh, ok....it's the whole valance then. Makes more sense why its that much.

What vinyl did you use? I've been looking at 3M ScothCal to do it...just need to measure max width. I did this on my MINI before and it was quite effective (and easy to revert back).

·
Registered
464 Posts
Thanks a lot Jon, appreciate it

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::arms::01:
Other than the wheels, there are only 3 other parts for the black chrome package.
1SF04SZR-AA Front Main Grill List $ 484.00
68156960-AA Front Lower Grill List $ 180.00
1TR10SZR-AA Rear Lower Strip List $ 202.00

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you're after a blacked out look on a black car, IMO a flat or satin looks better with the black. There is a chrome package black srt8300 at the local dealer and it just doesn't look quite right to me. I think it looks FANTASTIC on white.

The blacked out headlights would work fine, but I don't mind what came on my car. I have a black srt8 which chrome trim, grill and wheels. I'd not overdone on the SRT.

Black chrom on White or Red or whatever colors they have would look good, it just getting lost on a gloss black car.

·
Registered
182 Posts
meh. I think it works GREAT on black, as long as I can get rid of the bright chrome work on the windows. The car looks so much better than silver wheels and trim we took delivery of (I've added the OEM black chrome pieces because this car didn't have the option).

·
Registered
182 Posts
I saw a black chrome package on the Deep Cherry Red. It looked so good, I almost had my wife convinced to take my black one and we'd buy a second one. :p

·
Registered
80 Posts
meh. I think it works GREAT on black, as long as I can get rid of the bright chrome work on the windows. The car looks so much better than silver wheels and trim we took delivery of (I've added the OEM black chrome pieces because this car didn't have the option).

The window trim should be black chrome as well. So should the trim on the front and rear bumpers...

The black chrome wheels are cool!

I saw the black with black chrome at night and it looked washed out - your picture of black with black chrome looks much better during the day.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts