Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Black Mustang GT Cops in Wilmington, NC

4K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  srt8danno 
#1 ·
Watch out ! . . Don't be entrapped ! ! !
Be advised Wilmington / New Hanover County, North Carolina, has cops patrolling in new black Mustabg GT's with 10% tinted side windows (35% is NC limit), and they are taunting and enticing street races with cars that have "obvious mods and loud pipes". I have seen them around, but a friend of mine actually "took the bait" one night last week and when the 'stang, which was to his left, was pulling ahead of him at about 50 - 55 (in a 45 mph zone), he noticed the glow of the dash-mounted computer screen through the dark tint and immediately backed off. Well, the cop slowed also and directed him to a convenience store lot and proceeded to read him the riot act about street racing in NC. He did not cite him for street racing, but did give him a ticket for not having correct proof of insurance on his person. Anyway, everyone be careful out there !

#4 ·
And they must be picking on 300's because we all know that Mustang GT's are a particular favorite target of ours! ;)

They all think they have the baddest car on the street....it's an unfortunate delusion.

Scott

#5 ·
Be-Aware, They R Still There ! ! !

Just A Quick Update . . . . I was out in the New Hanover County Neighborhood & whaddyaknow, there goes one of those "Entrapment Specials" doing at least 70 mph in a 55 mph zone. If I didn't know who he was and saw his computer screen through his 10 % tint, I would have buried "Maggy" and blown his doors off. I was considering doing a citizen's arrest for speeding, but I am sure he would have had some excuse for being in such a hurry.

#6 ·
More Sheriff's Mustangs In Other Colors

New Hanover County, North Carolina, 11/6/06

UPDATE ON THE SHERIFF'S ENTRAPMENT GT MUSTANGS . . . . . . .
Today I was traveling west on Carolina Beach Road through a school zone (carefully keeping my speed at 35 mph) and what do I see up ahead ? ? ? . . . Well, there was a silver gray GT Mustang with all it's undercover lighting flashing while the deputy was ticketing a speeder. Then I get home and my wife tells me she saw a silver GT Mustang Deputy ticketing a speeder on another major street here.
B E W A R E !
My thoughts & experience at this point are : I have personally beat every Mustang that I have run (2 GT's & 1 non-GT) and will not waste my time or gas to run any again. So, the sheriff's gang with their undercover GT's can suck in all the stupid and uninformed.

#7 ·
Dodge Chargers

I have noticed several of the Dodge Chargers here in the upstate of SC as well. Last trip to a Clemson home game (reserve comments on Clemson football for another forum), I saw two with Highway Patrol directing traffic. Same deal. One was silver, the other black. Both had tinted windows and looked like something that I would have jumped on had I been rolling down the interstate. I looked, they were definitely NOT SRT8's. I guess that would be a budget buster.
I thought they were sneaky with the undercover Z3's, Suburbans and Tahoes, now they've hit a new level.
BE CAREFUL. I hate it when they try to spoil a little good clean fun

#8 ·
A note on Dodge Chargers as Cop cars...

mwylie said:
I have noticed several of the Dodge Chargers here in the upstate of SC as well. Last trip to a Clemson home game (reserve comments on Clemson football for another forum), I saw two with Highway Patrol directing traffic. Same deal. One was silver, the other black. Both had tinted windows and looked like something that I would have jumped on had I been rolling down the interstate. I looked, they were definitely NOT SRT8's. I guess that would be a budget buster.
I thought they were sneaky with the undercover Z3's, Suburbans and Tahoes, now they've hit a new level.
BE CAREFUL. I hate it when they try to spoil a little good clean fun
Just because they are not badged as "SRT8s" does not mean they arent. They are all that and more. We have a few in our town here in NJ and they are the HIGH out out 6.1 with all the trimmings. The Trans/Rears are also beefed up. "We dont need no stinkin badges" Remember that line?

Meech:cool:

#9 ·
New Undercover Additions in Wilmington, NC

Jeez, now I know why my taxes are so high. :pat: The local gendarmes have added Dodge Chargers to their undercover inventory (I have seen silver and black ones). I assume they have HEMI's but I don't know for sure.

BE CAREFUL, BE VERY CAREFUL OUT THERE ! :drive:

#11 ·
Once again I am brought to tears. How can the law encourage us to race and slap us with a nice big fat ticket! Using a Mustang as bait is just wrong, isn't that like breaking 10 street racing commandments??

#12 ·
During my recent trip up north to Rhode Island I noticed quite a few undercover cars (Chargers & Stangs) (including a very old Intrepid) pulling people over for speeding. It was the worst load of cops I’ve ever seen on the highways.Especially NC, VA & DEL Incredible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.