Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

We've had a recent string of hot sunny days and i've noticed a problem with my sunroof. There seems to be a black tar that forms on the sunroof, and moves over the seal onto the roof. When I open the roof you can hear a thud like its pulling from the tar then opening. I thought it was something someone just put on my car, but I cleaned it and today during lunch it was there again.

Any thoughts on what this could be ?

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Yuck! I don't ever recall reading this issue in the forums. I also live where it's very hot (111 right now) and have not experienced this type problem although I have had other sunroof issues. Could the heat possibly be melting the grease that's there or possibly breaking down the black rubber seal causing it to get tar like?

bruno

·
Registered
633 Posts
Gees rollin what ya been smoking to have that happen :) j/k bro.. you get the new exhaust installed yet ???

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hahahah, I have no idea...its just weird

No, no exhaust...apparentley as soon as I placed my order, a few more members did and the fellow who I ordered it from said he was going to wait and order them from Corsa all at once, pass the shippig savings on to me...its been shipped now so should be here soon.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi All,

We've had a recent string of hot sunny days and i've noticed a problem with my sunroof. There seems to be a black tar that forms on the sunroof, and moves over the seal onto the roof. When I open the roof you can hear a thud like its pulling from the tar then opening. I thought it was something someone just put on my car, but I cleaned it and today during lunch it was there again.

Not sure what causes it but have noticed it on mine as well...center, back edge.

·
Registered
383 Posts
rollin I live in South Florida i haven't had anything like that

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi All,

Maybe mold spores do you park under a tree?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Maybe mold spores do you park under a tree?
That's not the case for me. I know it's not mold because it balls up into a fairly noticble sphere sometimes, like the size of a nickel. plus I don't park under any trees so it's not sap. I'm in Nevada, we have no trees, just tumbleweeds. At first I thought it was some road tar that flew up there when i was on vent, but when i tried to remove it, it kinda stuck so I thought it might have been a burr on the seal. After a few car washes it has reduced in sized and flattened out but there is stilla bit remaining. Not really sure and it really doesn't bother me so letting nature run its course.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I saw a movie a long time ago and the same stuff was eating people and buildings and everything. Your problem sounds like the same thing.
Is the black stuff like a...a....umm...a BLOB? If it is The Blob, then your car will be eaten and then.....who knows what else might happen.
I just remembered the cure. Pack your car in a freezer....it hates the cold and will leave and go back to its own planet.
Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts