Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE!!! Need help. Black TIS 07 on Brilliant Black 300

**UPDATE**
My choice of rims is now final. I've decided to go with 22" TIS 07's and come to you, my forum brothers, to help me pick the finish. Both finishes are the same price but it's driving me crazy. My 300c is Brilliant Black, here's some pic's below of what the two finishes look like. I have already ordered the Eibach pro-kit that will eliminate most of the wheel gap. Any opinions is appreciated cause I don't know anymore!!!

CHOICE #1
BLACK

CHOICE #2
CHROME

·
Registered
326 Posts
1. Id go black on black any day!

2. Not sure

3. I dont see any problem with the tire size although others use a different size for the rear tires.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. Id go black on black any day!

2. Not sure

3. I dont see any problem with the tire size although others use a different size for the rear tires.
I'm almost convinced Black on Black. My car is not demolded and I don't plan on doing it, but still think it'll look good. Can anyone Photoshop the Black TIS on a Black 300?????????

·
Registered
1,126 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
1. I would go with the black on black.

2. Can't comment personally because I've never had these.

3. This is the most common size unless you go with a staggered setup.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not to threadjack or anything....
BUT

there is a great deal on the black ones on ebay for this week only!!!

1200 bucks!!!!!!

eBay Motors: 22" BLACK TIS WHEELS RIM 300C DODGE MAGNUM CHARGER SRT8 (item 330213920627 end time Feb-28-08 08:42:25 PST)
I saw these on Ebay and was tempted however ordering rims online has far too many drawbacks. I'd rather pay a little more and have tires with them. The tire shop is literally 1/2 mile from the house so if problems ever arise, I just go directly to them. Thanks for the find anyway, I appreciate you looking out!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I forgot which forum member has these rims. Are they the TIS 07 in Black that I'm looking to buy? If not, they look pretty close. I have decided to get the black ones cause it seems like the chrome ones are everywhere!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I forgot which forum member has these rims. Are they the TIS 07 in Black that I'm looking to buy? If not, they look pretty close. I have decided to get the black ones cause it seems like the chrome ones are everywhere!
God, that's gorgeous! Very nice indeed...

·
Registered
859 Posts
Personally i dont like the black that they use on the TIS's its too dull, Asanti by far has the best black i've seen on any wheels but they use actual paint on theirs!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
They are both sharp but I would have to pick the chrome. It just looks so sharp on that black Charger.

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
Personally I'd go with the black centers. I had the chrome 07's a few years ago, and never really thought they set the car off like they should. 22's are 22's... but there is something about color-matched wheels. Here are a few pics for comparison.

22" 07's 265/35/22 Pirellis at stock height:

22" KMC Dimes 265/30/22 Toyos with bags fully inflated:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Personally I'd go with the black centers. I had the chrome 07's a few years ago, and never really thought they set the car off like they should. 22's are 22's... but there is something about color-matched wheels. Here are a few pics for comparison.

22" KMC Dimes 265/30/22 Toyos with bags fully inflated:

I do like the Dimes alot and was even considering them. I only went with the TIS 07's cause I got a great deal. After haggling with my salesman, finally agreed on a price of $2,192 OTD. Not bad huh?

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
I do like the Dimes alot and was even considering them. I only went with the TIS 07's cause I got a great deal. After haggling with my salesman, finally agreed on a price of $2,192 OTD. Not bad huh?
Not bad at all! That's about what I'd expect from a dealer looking to move some wheels. Enjoy the wheels whichever way you decide! :fing02:

·
Registered
241 Posts
damn my ride looks tight !!! lol :biggrin: but seriously, i'd go with the black centers for sure. just makes it look so much cleaner. i was breaking necks with these things everytime i took it out the garage. but, now they belong to another forum member (thanx willi) also like big daddy said the asantis have the best paint, exact oe colormatch. but it sounds like you got a good deal. thats about 1/3 of what the asanti wheel and tire set-up cost. you might want to consider demolding also. black on black-demolded uhhhh!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: you'll be killing them in the streets

1 - 20 of 20 Posts