Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my new wheels put on yesterday. Decided to go with this set up: 265/35/22 Dunlop and Eibach Pro-kit. Since I went with black rims, I'm gonna change my grill's look. I'm not happy with the overall look right now due too the grill. I will be powder-coating it in the next few weeks. Only problem is that I cannot decide too paint the 'Entire' grill or just the Thick nasty border around the mesh only and leave the mesh alone. Any suggestions or tips greatly appreciated. In the meantime, I'm painting my OEM grill Black and adding clearcoat and will install that this week.

·
Banned
651 Posts
looks VERY nice, good choice on the rims. Good call on powder coating the grille i think its the way to go. Next on the agenda is demolding that baby

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I agree. I just have to get the ok from the wifey. Or I can just do it and ask for forgiveness later!!!!!!!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Like someone else wrote recently, de-mold is one of the best free mods you can do. Go for it!

And I'd be putting a colour matched Grip grille on your ride gien the colour matched rims.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Looks really hot!Going to put my black rims on in a couple of weeks.I know what you mean with the grille, I went with the color match grip grille and I also have a black 300.The black out look is really growing on me.Your car looks great!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Chrome is home on BB. But I think the thick border is throwing it off. I'd say either change the grilled completely or powder coat it all black. Beautiful ride by the way. And I dont know what the big deal about demolding is but I think it makes the car look cheap. But thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
203 Posts
If your leaving the chrome mirrors & door handles on, I say paint the mesh blk and leave chrome border(very thick border). Man i want a blk 300 looks hott!!

·
Registered
668 Posts
WOW your car looks sick bro ... well done :fing02: For the grille you can go with grip tunning grille or paint the whole vertical bars of the stock grille and keep the chrome tips of the horizontal bars :biggrin:

BTW, does the car now feels more stable and comfy with the eibach springs ??? or is it very rough ?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Nice man!! car looks great :biggthump

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WOW your car looks sick bro ... well done :fing02: For the grille you can go with grip tunning grille or paint the whole vertical bars of the stock grille and keep the chrome tips of the horizontal bars :biggrin:

BTW, does the car now feels more stable and comfy with the eibach springs ??? or is it very rough ?
I'm not feelin' the Grip look at all. IMO, I think it looks just like a factory grille, that's just me. It looks good on your cars, but I don't really like it too be honest. I think I will powder coat my entire grill black.

Chrome is home on BB. But I think the thick border is throwing it off. I'd say either change the grilled completely or powder coat it all black. Beautiful ride by the way. And I dont know what the big deal about demolding is but I think it makes the car look cheap. But thats just my opinion.
Thanks, the ride quality isn't as bad as I thought. Don't get me wrong, you will notice a difference but the outcome outweighs the con of losing a little comfort!

·
Registered
668 Posts
I'm not feelin' the Grip look at all. IMO, I think it looks just like a factory grille, that's just me. It looks good on your cars, but I don't really like it too be honest. I think I will powder coat my entire grill black.

Thanks, the ride quality isn't as bad as I thought. Don't get me wrong, you will notice a difference but the outcome outweighs the con of losing a little comfort!
This is what I like about the members in this forum, everyone has his/her own style and crave for uniqueness :biggrin: anyway I found a picture this morning and decided to share it with you ... it's similar to what you're planning to do (I guess)

006_6.jpg

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Good call on the grille change ;)

·
Registered
470 Posts
i would powdercoat the entire grill. btw the ride looks sweet w/ the wheel/spring setup. thats the 1.6 drop right? and did you have to roll your fenders? any rubbing issues?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
**UPDATE** painted OEM grille

i would powdercoat the entire grill. btw the ride looks sweet w/ the wheel/spring setup. thats the 1.6 drop right? and did you have to roll your fenders? any rubbing issues?
Thanks for the compliments! Yes, it's the 1.6" drop and no I didn't have to roll the fenders. I also haven't had any rubbing issues, yet.

I removed my stainless steel grille in the meanwhile just to do some experimenting. I sprayed my OEM grille with 3 coats each of paint and clear. I just wanted a feel for what it would look like if I powdercoated my stainless grille. I liked the results.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Looks great with the blackout grille!Like I said in my other post I went with the color match grip grille and I also blackout the lower chrome below the windows.But your OEM grille looks awesome.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There is only one problem though. I noticed that there is a few tiny rock chips in the paint so far. I know tha eventaully the grille may even start to flake. I sprayed 3 coats of paint and clear. Is there any other type of clear I can put own to give it better protection?????

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
i dont know by experience....BUT

I heard that the duplicolor WHEEL clearcoat spraypaint in a can is tough as nails!!!

you could try that, since you're just experimenting anyways.......

make sure it will adhere to the type of paint you use though........did you use enamel???

1 - 20 of 25 Posts