Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I blacked out part of my grill with out removeing it. I got the top and side screws out, but had such a hard time getting to the lower ones, I decided to paint it in the car. It's very easy and even if you look close, your not going to be able to tell. I pulled the grill forward and then ran a drop cloth in the back of it. With the addition of some newspaper and tape it came out looking stock. Did the calipers with just some newspaper and tape. Used VHT brake paint. So far so good. If you want to take a look go to the address: http://community.webshots.com/album/414249500tEdfIs
Cecil...........

·
Registered
435 Posts
Looks good. A few questions:

1. Did you paint both with a brush or spray? Overspray would scare me.

2. I guess you can't read the Brembo anymore, can you?

3. Did you clearcoat the grill? I can imagine it being vulnerable to chipping.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
qictrk said:
I blacked out part of my grill with out removeing it. I got the top and side screws out, but had such a hard time getting to the lower ones, I decided to paint it in the car. It's very easy and even if you look close, your not going to be able to tell. I pulled the grill forward and then ran a drop cloth in the back of it. With the addition of some newspaper and tape it came out looking stock. Did the calipers with just some newspaper and tape. Used VHT brake paint. So far so good. If you want to take a look go to the address: http://community.webshots.com/album/414249500tEdfIs
Cecil...........
Very Nice..Good Job

·
Registered
443 Posts
It looks really good and it is pretty close to what i plan for mine. I was thinking of doing the same thing except i'm also going to paint the surrounding edge as well----only the five horizontal bars would be chrome----and the chrysler emblem would be floating above. i like it alot!!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
300CUL8R said:
Looks good. A few questions:

1. Did you paint both with a brush or spray? Overspray would scare me.

2. I guess you can't read the Brembo anymore, can you?

3. Did you clearcoat the grill? I can imagine it being vulnerable to chipping.
1. It was all rattle can. You don't need to worry about overspray if you cover really well.
2. Brembo's? Whats that? :wink1:
3. Clear coats chip too. Just depends on which one you want to touch up.

JC1119. , make sure you post some pictures when you do it. I might make a change once I see it. Cecil.........

·
Registered
482 Posts
Looks good. I thank Dodge for leaving the calipers red on the MSRT-8s....Saves me some time ;)

Todd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts