Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys hopefully some of you more experienced C riders can give me some help. Just yesterday I installed my new black vertical grille and I absolutely love it. This is my first car, and my first project, so far so good I'm loving it! Eventually I want all the chrome gone. My next step is the door trim, mad eyelids, and the strip of chrome underneath my windows. I've searched around net quite a bit and I've seen people painting them and vinyl wrapping them. My next question is do I take them off to pain them? or tape them off and paint them while their on the car. Painting them on the car sure makes me nervous... I've concidered removing the door trim completely, but that leaves me venerable for door dings.. What do you guys think?

Any help at all is apperciated thanks!

·
Registered
276 Posts
An ex forum member called Mr Incredible did just what you want to do to your car and a whole lot more. I believe it's referred to as the 'murdered out' look. You can check him out on the LXForums. His user name is JetBlack300C.

I've not gone to the same extent as he has, since my car is a family ride, but if I was single, had no other financial obligations, was young, fit, health, good looking...........

Check out his car anyway - it's pretty mean looking for sure and will give you an idea of what can be achieved - if you're brave enough!

Yes - you will be vulnerable to door dings, shopping cart scratches etc by removing the side moldings, but that's part of the de-chroming process that many 300 owners choose to follow. Looking at most modern cars, they don't generally come with body side moldings, but I believe this is simply a cost saving attempt by the manufacturers. Personally speaking, I like mine and have complimented them with a "HEMI 6.1" emblem on the front fenders.

No doubt, you will enjoy the process of 'modding' your car and improving it's looks and performance. Have fun with it!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome I'll be sure to check him out thanks!

So my 2nd mod is in the bag! I just finished removing the door trim, and I must say it looks great! I really love the blacked out look its starting to come together! Removing the door trim was very very easy I was very suprised.

I found this video that Aliens 300touring posted back in 2007 that really helped me out. Watching that video allowed me to do it confidently. It's always nice to see how its done rather than reading it and trying it yourself, so thanks again Aliens that video was a huge help. Here is a link to his post:

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/tech-tips-review/41541-removed-my-side-moulding-video.html

The only chrome that remains is front and rear bumper trim and the strips that are underneath my window only. If anyone knows of a good tutorial/video for the removal of these please drop me a link, it'd be greatly apperciated.

Thanks again for all your guys help, your awesome!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts