Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking to blackout the chrome under the windows.I see this product called BLACKOUT TAPE.Has anyone try this tape and if you did was there any problems peeling off.I dont want it to look like a piece of tape under the windows .I checked a thread and someone said the only one who knows its on would be me because i installed it.I am also painting my trunk emblem black,dont feel like removing the chrome under the windows.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am looking to blackout the chrome under the windows.I see this product called BLACKOUT TAPE.Has anyone try this tape and if you did was there any problems peeling off.I dont want it to look like a piece of tape under the windows .I checked a thread and someone said the only one who knows its on would be me because i installed it.I am also painting my trunk emblem black,dont feel like removing the chrome under the windows.
Where did yo find the tape at?

·
Registered
979 Posts
yeah i dont know how well the tape is going to look since i am not familiar with it. A lot of guys say its not to bad to take off and spray in fact you could probably trade yours for someone who doesnt have the chrome. I just cant imagine the tape looking all that great.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think your right todd0218.I think a tape wouldnt look that good either,i dont want the car to start looking cheap.Maybe i would look into somebody that wants to trade.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I haven't seen it but I used to work at the Chrysler plant in Belvidere, IL where they make the Caliber, Compass, and Patriot. One of the options on the Compass was blackout tape for the doors. I don't know if this is the same tape but the tape we used was coarse and I couldn't see it being a good match for a car. More than likely you're talking about something else but that's my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I just happened to do a search on the forum and a thread came up that someone installed the blackout tape.He said it looks factory.I been googleing and found some people on diffrent forums that used this tape also, and they said had no problems.I cant see going threw a car wash and the tape not coming off.I decieded maybe removing them and painting them.Just hoping its not to hard to remove the chrome.This is the tape:
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.midwayautosupply.com/showproduct.aspx%3Fproductid%3D30716%26affiliateid%3D10050&sa=X&oi=product_result&resnum=1&ct=result&cd=1&cad=AJurK9IpADk65rvyUjuyixjNpVV2qcStfp562X1l3H0MJ1cxbQYpnro6FveQV3ySszDMHT6v1h-_Slzvvp94l2mcZuvhC-UDPmXSLQisVdBLI7ImqkLZZux0beKxafssaHWdNAHO-cJItVpGWAh9dqgAAAAAAAAAAA&usg=AFQjCNE26lRRdTB-vNYwD-OkW3QBbQpGwQ

·
Registered
64 Posts
Like anything chrome.. its a PITA getting off... but the end result will look so much better. Using tape is just going to easy route... and going the easy route brings a bigger chance of it looking like crap.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are 100% right.Going to remove the chrome so i can paint them black.Did any body remove them and was it easy.Really hate to start messing things up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts