Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to install either the 3.5 or the 4.0 fat pipes for my 300c srt-8. Is it worth it to do. Just looking to get a more aggressive sound.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I added the 4 inch, I believe 9db kit and I am pleased with it. I am sure it doesn't sound as nice as a cat-back, but I wanted a more aggressive sound (which it definitely does give you!) without breaking the bank. I am keeping the mods to a minimum on this vehicle and a $600-$1200 cat-back was out of the question. The $120 for a much more aggressive sound was worth it to me. Yes there is drone, especially on initial start-ups until the rpms settle down and also in the 1800-2200 rpm range. The resonator delete is the perfect option for those of us who want a more aggressive sound on a budget.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I know I don't have the BIG 8, But put the B. Bobs duels on my Touring with resonators and makes a big differance. Sounds great and with the chrome tips sticking out he back set up the rearend nice.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
I have a 5db resonator delete on my 5.7..... couldn't be happier. Quality product....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Cue - I believe we had a conversation on the site a while ago when you ordered these. These are the glasspacks, right? Sounds like you like them. How's the MDS drone? Tamed? Still have the suitcase?

Dave

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Just deleted the resonator, still have all the rest of the stock exhaust. I got the (SSR225?) version since it was advertised no drone... not a whole lot louder but just enough, and no drone. Looks better too.. otherwise, I didn't want super loud since its a sedan, but it does sound a bit meaner.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Not with me (In iraq).. you can check out my gallery..there might be one in there

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Found one showing the rear.. not the best shot of the exhaust, but it gets me a chance to post a pic,,,, which I rarely do.LOL

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just deleted the resonator, still have all the rest of the stock exhaust. I got the (SSR225?) version since it was advertised no drone... not a whole lot louder but just enough, and no drone. Looks better too.. otherwise, I didn't want super loud since its a sedan, but it does sound a bit meaner.
CUEBALL, even though it is 6 years later from your post, I am looking to purchase Blastin Bob's 5 db 225SSR for my 08 300c Hemi. I have had second thoughts about drone, but after reading your post you said no drone, I will definitely invest in them.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
You will get a little drone with MDS, but nothing bad, also a little resonance at cruise is expected with any catback mod. To me the BB kits are great value for money.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks silver06hemic for your reply. I have the Silver 08 Hemi C. Just installed a K&N CAI 57 series, along with the BB pipes it should give more of an aggressive sound.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts