Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've known of an issue on my 2014 300 since I've had it. The defrost vents do not close. I've dealt with it and just put some faux leather across the vents that I can pull off when defrost is needed. Well, now the HVAC system wont change temperature on either side unless I have recirculation on. I know there are 4 actuators; 2 behind the glove box and two behind the dash next to the steering column. Which ones could be the culprit. I'm an aviation mech so tools and skills arent an issue. Just wanting to know which ones could be causing the issue.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
The dampers themselves may not be the issue. The actuators could be frozen instead. I had one of mine replaced under warranty.

The issue I've had since I drove it off the lot is the recirculation damper sometimes refusing to stay shut... At other times, it works fine. I've replaced the humidity sensor to no effect.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ah, yes, the dreaded blend door actuators.......no problems on our 300C, but had to replace one on my '12 Challenger that was definitely bad making the woodpecker noise when you got in the car and when you turned on the A/C system or heater. Barrel of fun working by feel to change one.
Make sure the flaps are not stuck in the HVAC box, that will raise heck with the actuator.

Reactions: TheKrell

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have a 2012 300c Luxury and got quoted $1700 from dealership to replace the acbox that all the actuators attach to. The problem I was having was air was only coming out of the defrost by the windshield. It would still blow cold/ hot and even the dual climate still worked. It just only came out by the windshield. I fixed it for $35 by replacing the actuator that was lower driver side. When I took it off it had cracked and was no longer turning. Also note that there are like 4-5 actuators in our cars depending on your features. 3 out of 4 or 4 out of 5 are the same. There is one that is different and I believe its for the ac blower on the lower passenger side. Just an fyi when you buy one. Good luck.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts