Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got the hidgate HID kits for my fogs, told them is was for a 300c so it has the caps, and the neg looks to be already switch... well they did what everyone else said went on for 5sec and went off... well so i switched the wires like everyone said and not a thing not even a flicker of light... so i tried to just put the old halogens back in... now they dont even light up! :pat: SOMONE HELP!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
mabey you canned the cap? Check fuses.. I dunno. Get to trouble shooting!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sooo i went into the manual to check fuse and #7 is the fog ligts so i pulled it and sure enough its blown! so i replaced it with the #4 which is the same size and i only had one HID hooked up well after being on for about a min or so... the cap. blows! and starts leaking! Man this blows you really do get what you pay for... guess im calling them tomorrow! :12:

·
Registered
158 Posts
when installing these things people really need to use a test light or a multimeter...you need to find out which is th epositive and which is the negative on the OEM harness.

for fogs i have never used a cap...if you take the cap off it should work but MAKE SURE YOU KNWO WHICH IS POSITIVE AND WHICH IS NEGATIVE

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so then why dose everyone say you need a cap? They were on the right way the first time but it blew the fuse! it had nothing to do with the wires being on the wrong way...

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I wouldn't call and complain...

Im sure the parts work fine. You just need to step up your electronics game.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The Capacitors Blew... And Leak Every Time I Turn Them On... How Is That My Game?!?!?

THEY ARE 10000uf25v dose that matter at all?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so i should switch them to the 4700?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
YAAAAA I FIXED them! they work perfect now! Thanks Unibomber for helping my "up my game" LOL :fing02:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Good work,

I guess it was karma for me busting your balls about the fuses and uppiong your game... My inline fuse is popping. Lol

time to breaking the DMM

1 - 13 of 13 Posts