Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm going to install a blinder system.

The problem is placement. The only way I can see it work well with 3 sensors on the front is to carve a chunk out of the grill just above the plate and then surface mount the other 2 in front of, slightly below, the headlights.

This config. puts the blinders within 18" of each other and covers the height and width of the vehicle’s nose.

I can't see a way to mount them any other way that'll work well. If you stash them down below the bumper in the vents then there is now way they can cover the headlights.

Anyone done an install of a Blinder that isn't 4 sensors below the bumper? Anything surface mounted for max. effect, and less looks?

The plan is to color match and spray the outside of the heads and then mount them. Painting any mounting brackets as well. The one inside the grill would remain black.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Blinder installation

I have M25, installed on the left and right side behind the grill (see pics). I am no sure if this is the best location, but I did not want to drill any additional holes in the bumper. There is an even, level space to attach the heads there.

Marek

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi How About Shareing With Us More Details About A Lasser Jammer M25 ?
A Blinder M25 is a 2 head laser jammer. A M45 is a 4 head laser jammer. A laser jammer emits light pulses that confuse, dazzle, police laser guns.

From what I've read there must NOT be any surface area greater than 18" that does not contain the presence of a jammer head. If there is a surface area greater than 18" then the cops will get an accurate speed reading.

·
Registered
975 Posts
WOW- I need this in my life. LOL!!!!

I am definetly going to get me one of these.

I guess this along with a mediocre radar detector to let you know if there are police ahead or behind would be an effective combination.

However- I just realized that if they are shooting laser from the Air (helicopter) then you are pretty much screwed huh???

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
are they legal? I assume not but who knows right
They're legal in most states. Lasers are controlled by the FDA.

Radar jammers are illegal in all states. Radio transmissions are controlled by the FCC.

My install got postponed due to availability on the jammer. Hopefully it will arrive by this weekend. Supposedly there is a new revision of the jammers coming in from Denmark, which is why availablity is low on the Blinders at this time.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
WOW- I need this in my life. LOL!!!!

I am definetly going to get me one of these.

I guess this along with a mediocre radar detector to let you know if there are police ahead or behind would be an effective combination.

However- I just realized that if they are shooting laser from the Air (helicopter) then you are pretty much screwed huh???
Leave it to a Jarhead to think of the 3D battlefield. ;)
( I spent 10 years in the Corps myself, 2531, Field Radio Operator. 1987-1997)

You're right though, from the air we're all screwed. Look up VASCAR, it's a system by which a stopwatch and known distances can get you from the air on land or sea. No radar or laser emissions, just a cops eyeballs and a stopwatch.

Luckily Washington State is a little short on air power.

·
Registered
255 Posts
A Blinder M25 is a 2 head laser jammer. A M45 is a 4 head laser jammer. A laser jammer emits light pulses that confuse, dazzle, police laser guns.

From what I've read there must NOT be any surface area greater than 18" that does not contain the presence of a jammer head. If there is a surface area greater than 18" then the cops will get an accurate speed reading.

So unless they are locked on to the front grill of your car it does no good? Lasers can get you from any direction.

·
Registered
77 Posts
From what I've read there must NOT be any surface area greater than 18" that does not contain the presence of a jammer head. If there is a surface area greater than 18" then the cops will get an accurate speed reading.[/quote]

Is that true with 18" clearance. I did not know this.

The way I see it being useful is that it gives you a chance to slow down once cops clock you from the long distance (they usually do with the laser gun). Laser jammers are not effective at short distances, and police laser gets a punch-through eventually (especially with our cars).
In any case, one save pays for the device.

Marek

·
Registered
77 Posts
So unless they are locked on to the front grill of your car it does no good? Lasers can get you from any direction.
As far as I know, cops rarely (never) use a laser from behind. But if you want you can install set of heads at the back of the car, so you will be covered.

M

·
Registered
975 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The "target", your car, has to be coming or going from the laser gun. The gun measures the time it takes get to the target and get back. After a few milliseconds of measurement and some number crunching the gun displays the speed.

98% of all lasers contacts are from the front.

The primary target is your license plate.

The secondary target is the headlights.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

The way I see it being useful is that it gives you a chance to slow down once cops clock you from the long distance (they usually do with the laser gun). Laser jammers are not effective at short distances, and police laser gets a punch-through eventually (especially with our cars).

Marek[/quote]

From what I've read, yes.

I agree with the short distance punch through completely. As the broad nose of our car approaches, the cops have a nice wide target. The more coverage you can get the better.

You're also correct on the jammer being essentialy a warning system. Even if you can jam to gun why do it? As soon as that laser is detected, reduce your speed to the limit and SHUT OFF the jammer. Let them get an accurate speed on you, doing the speed limit.

There is a video out there on YouTube that shows our car, with a blinder system on it, getting nailed by a laser gun. The thing is I'm pretty sure they stashed the jammers behind the grill or down in the vents by the fog lights. The laser gets an accurate reading off of the headlight.

Why? IMO because there isn't any laser coverage near the headlight. It's all below the bumper or blocked by the grill.

·
Registered
975 Posts
My car came equipped from the factory with a device that has kept me from getting a single speeding ticket. It's called a speedometer.
That must've been part of the California Emissions package because all I got was 1 lead foot in Maryland. :fing02: LOL!!!

·
Registered
293 Posts

Marek
From what I've read, yes.

I agree with the short distance punch through completely. As the broad nose of our car approaches, the cops have a nice wide target. The more coverage you can get the better.

You're also correct on the jammer being essentialy a warning system. Even if you can jam to gun why do it? As soon as that laser is detected, reduce your speed to the limit and SHUT OFF the jammer. Let them get an accurate speed on you, doing the speed limit.

There is a video out there on YouTube that shows our car, with a blinder system on it, getting nailed by a laser gun. The thing is I'm pretty sure they stashed the jammers behind the grill or down in the vents by the fog lights. The laser gets an accurate reading off of the headlight.

Why? IMO because there isn't any laser coverage near the headlight. It's all below the bumper or blocked by the grill.[/quote]

Hey everyone!
I hate to say it but alot of state troopers are "hitting" cars from behind on the entrance ramps leading onto the highway. I notice here in NY I've been lasered from behind but I have 1 blinder jammer on the back plate. Yes they target the plates first then headlights/rear taillights. Laser jammers are illegal in some 9 states so you have to check. By the way I have tested my jammers with some help from some LEO's and found to be very effective up to about 50/100 feet before break through. 18 inches should cover your headlights and front plate if you decide to put them in the grill. Just check with a ruler where the install will go. There's still NOTHING you can do against Instant ON radar when you are alone on the highway and zaps you when its too late!
Important! Make sure jammers are level and straight!!! If off your jammer might piont down or up and miss the laser from the LEO.
I normally don't speed but I like knowing when their there..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts