Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loaded to the hilt Midnight Blue Pearl Hemi up for grabs guys and gals! I don't have kids so this car has been my obsession in life since I got it on April 12th. The odometer reads 8300ish miles at present, but rest assured they are miles that I put on this car with the care and concern that a father has for his virginal teenage daughter on prom night. I'm not going to put an asking price up because I never thought I'd part with this car unless my life depended on it...and, well, it evidently does after my ordeal this morning in the District of Columbia. More on that in another thread. I have tons of pictures of it and can take as many as you need instantly and email them to you as requested. My direct email is [email protected]. Hope my baby finds her way into another "father's" heart and garage. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Wow! I guess I'll have to wait till the story comes out as a movie. Must be something to have you part with this beauty.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Long story short, without even telling me that they wanted it for surely I would have complied, four individuals ripped me out of the car after shattering the window to my left with a rock as I sat with the engine running on a residential street in Northwest DC. The glass spray and rock to the head rendered me intermittently unconscious as they kicked, beat, stabbed, slashed and nearly took the life from my body. I am lucky to be alive and will be forever grateful to the members of the Metropolitan Police Department's 3rd District and various other law enforcement agents that swarmed in around me and got me to the ER where other angels worked their magic to keep me in this world. I still have hope that I'll wake up from what might be a nightmare, but the shock is now gone and the pain is very real...May the individuals who did this never do it again as I forgive them and know that the universe will handle the administration of consequences for their behavior. I would have given the car to them if they had simply asked me for it..and you know what the real pisser is? All they got is the key...the car didn't move until the MPD took it to their garage 5 blocks from where the incident occurred. As of this afternoon the only key that will work thanks to the programming required to keep the car running is the one I have in my possession. Thanks Daimler!!! Gotta love that-

·
Registered
113 Posts
Again, Wow

Get a great car and this happens. Don't blame you a bit. Unreal. To think one might have to go through life hiding from others, driving a piece of junk so this dosen't happen. Thank God you are all right but this is wrong as wrong can be. Sorry to hear of this. Glad you are alright. Wow!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you...I'm still amazed that they didn't even take my money, laptop, cell phone, ANYthing of value. I guess Donna Shalaila (sp?) inspired me with her method of dealing with stuff like this. Remember when she was attacked at an ATM in DC and her shrill cries for help thwarted off the attacker? I was vocal for sure...hope the fingerprints and footprint impressions help find these guys though so I can put some fear to rest. I'm rambling and off topic I guess...time for bed. OUCH! :(

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sorry to hear what happened to you but why are you selling the car? Are you afraid this will happen to you again just because it is a 300C? I think you were just at the wrong place at the wrong time and its to bad you didn't floor it and hit a couple of them.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
WOW! What a horror story! I am sorry for your pain and ordeal and wish that on no one. I live in DC but I rarely frequent downtown or the real inner city sections unless I have too - I never drive my E55 downtown mainly because the roads are so bad and it rattles the hell out of my tight suspension E55. I have to remind myself to watch out each time I drive and stop at lights or while parked. I will immediately tell the Ol Lady and remind her to be careful while driving the 300C.

Bad Luck is Bad Luck and yes your incident could have been precipitated by it being a 300C. I am sorry that you have to sell it in order to eliminate the very real and painful memories this situation has brought you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ah. . . a little reality injected into our safe little worlds. I'm glad that you made it through the ordeal, HiMi and very sorry to hear that you're giving up your car as a result.

fathemi

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'm happy to hear that you are doing well! I am also sorry to hear that you'll be getting rid of your C. Are you sure it was the reason that this happened to you? Is it possible that this was just completely random and had nothing to do with the car? I just hate to see these jerks getting away with something as horribble as this. I hope they get them

·
Registered
60 Posts
DONT SELL IT!

If you do, they won, kind of............ You like th ecar, the car likes you.... just keep the car and watch your back when you driv ein bad areas of town...... and pack heat if you must!

·
Registered
290 Posts
BluHemi

Andre, just read the story I am so sorry about what happened and you are included in my prayers through your healing process.

God Bless you!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Normally, I would say "buck up Sinbad, somedays you get the bear, and somedays he gets you."
BUT in the case of DC - itz best to lay low: buy a 300M and keep a picture of the "C" on your desk. :cool:
Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
HiMiHemiMD, here's best wishes from Down Under too. Your ordeal is amazing and I sincerely hope that you recover 100% both physically and mentally.

In Australia we just don't have these types of things happening in the streets.

You story is a grim reminder that I need to take a lot of care when I am over there on vacation in September.

Very best wishes to you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the well wishes folks...I've now gotten through the shock of the ordeal, I have the data from MPDC to make certain that it wasn't a dream, and now...quite frankly, I'm PISSED! Trust and believe that if my mind allows me to remember what any of these guys looks like and they cross my path, the only responsible thing to do is to make sure that after running them down I throw it in "R" and finish what they started. Anybody seen the John Waters film SERIAL MOM with Kathleen Turner?? "It was just BLUE!" Hehehehe

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.