Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

401 - 415 of 415 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
So it seems that everyone is very enthousiastic about the Uconnect? Ok indeed it works great, but . . . .everyone I call complains that they hardly can hear me! I have to bent over to the mirror or repeat everything i say more than once.

The quality of the mic seems to be very poor. Has anyone else experienced this? Or is my mic faulty, or is it my phone? Which is blackberry 8100 I believe and it works fine with other bluwetooth headsets.

I'm very interested to hear stories from others and am not sure if I should go back to the dealer or not?

·
Registered
421 Posts
So it seems that everyone is very enthousiastic about the Uconnect? Ok indeed it works great, but . . . .everyone I call complains that they hardly can hear me! I have to bent over to the mirror or repeat everything i say more than once.

The quality of the mic seems to be very poor. Has anyone else experienced this? Or is my mic faulty, or is it my phone? Which is blackberry 8100 I believe and it works fine with other bluwetooth headsets.

I'm very interested to hear stories from others and am not sure if I should go back to the dealer or not?
I had problems with the Dash phone but my Blackberry 8800 (about 1 year old now) works just fine. My Uconnect is the aftermarket version that does not go through the mirror.

·
Registered
4 Posts
All phones will not work but you can check with the manufacturer directly and they will be able to tell you. Also they can send you updates for the phones as they come out. Here's the number....Beth Superfisky

Harman/Becker Automotive Systems

248-994-2709

·
Registered
650 Posts
2008 U connect works very well in comparison with 2006. More convenient to access, much better voice recognition, sound quality also has improved.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey guys,

Love the site so far, you all are such a great help!

I've done a little digging and I'm coming up empty, so in hope of an answer I want to ask my question here.

I have an 05 300C with all options EXCEPT the uconnect. I want it. I hate my blue tooth headset with a horrible passion and i hear good things about the 08 Uconnect.

My question is, can I put the 08 uconnect in my 05 with out any loss of features?

Has anyone done this successfully?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well - This thread seems dead but I cannot seem to figure out how to adjust my volume so callers can hear me speaking while using my bluetooth/uconnect feature which is factory installed. I have no issues with my phone, Motorolla Droid X and time except when I am connected in the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am new here and need assistance in looking for a service manual for the 2011-2014 300. Basically need know how to replace the Uconnect/bluetooth device on the driver side of the car. Beside that, someone is using my old user name - HEMIDAKOTA (lol)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have to admit, one of the things that excited me most about my 300C was the integrated communications courtesy of uConnect. I've been a Bluetooth phone fan since the beginning, and feel at last vindicated by its availability in one of the coolest cars on the market (IMHO).

That said, I have a couple complaints/suggestions that I hope D-C might eventually get around to fixing, since it's a software thing for the most part.

I'm no NBA center at 6'1", but with my pilot's seat in its rightful place, I simply cannot reach the uConnect button on the rear view without a big lean forward...far from the convenience and safety that are the fundamental themes of the whole system.

For a car with so much functionality built into its steering wheel, some of it relatively useless, why is there no way to activate uConnect from the wheel? I am presently considering having a surrogate button located in a more ergonomically sensible location, but would prefer not having to tinker.

There you have it. :confused:

Michael
hey Michael , this is Mr. Gee , I have a question for you, I have a 2013 chrysler 300c hemi 5.7l V8. having a issue with enabling my bluetooth to connect to my Samsung Galaxy s9 + . I have update my navigation using uconnect. did maps and all . for some reason when I press the phone icon bluetooth. it always continues to say please wait and nothing never happens or connect. do anyone know what the issue can be on my touch screen navigation?

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I believe that is one of the symptoms of a hands-free module going bad. I see from my post above that the 8.4N HFM is internal to the radio. I do not remember that! But the replacement of the external version such as that in my 8.4 was quick and can be done yourself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
ok thanks appreciate, fast response.
I believe that is one of the symptoms of a hands-free module going bad. I see from my post above that the 8.4N HFM is internal to the radio. I do not remember that! But the replacement of the external version such as that in my 8.4 was quick and can be done yourself.

401 - 415 of 415 Posts