Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Here's how we left her at 5p today ...

Just have to hook up some hoses, fill fluids, exhaust and ... GO! More to follow tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well, she would have been fired up yesterday morning, but not running yet ... we are missing a very small, yet critical part for the Techco supercharger pulley system. So, since Techco is in the process of moving, it may be a week before they can send the piece to me. :( Jimmy is putting in my new unlimited hp axles now and then she'll sit until we get the part and can fire her up. I was really hoping to get her done and out of here as we really need more space for all the cars here, and there is a short list of those waiting to bring their cars in too, LOL. I'll keep you all posted!

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Big thanks to Scott at BT for making the little piece we needed to get my car completed!! We dropped off the assembly this morning and just picked it back up with the special nut which BT made! Thanks very much, Scott!!

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well, here is the update ... :(

Everything was buttoned up, all we had left was to add coolant, load the tune and fire her up. We started pouring the coolant into the tank, and ... it began running onto the floor on the passenger side. We check all around, and no hoses around there to leak. It's pouring out pretty good so we lift up the car to find that the coolant is running steady out of the head gasket, on the exhaust side of the head. (I have a pic and video, if anyone wants to see.)

I received the motor as a crate motor with the supercharger already bolted on, it was ready to drop in the cradle. Tonight, I heard the following from the engine builder ... thinks the wrong head gaskets were used and since Cometic didn't make one for the 5.7 in the size they needed they used a 6.1 head gasket and it sounds like they didn't work.

We didn't begin tearing anything down today. I'm pretty disappointed right now, and in shock with the quality with this issue and a few other things that we already had to revise regarding this set-up. Tomorrow is a new day and I'm hoping to have a better attitude about it. :) More to follow, I am sure.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
We went to see Johan at Diablo tonight for a tune and round 1 of dyno pulls.

Mods: Techco 397 VCT stroker (stock cam), ported Techco supercharger w/ 13 psi, Arrington 90mm throttle body, 2800 stall Pro Torque, Paramount NAG1 and axles, Bassani longtubes, MBRP catback.

I haven't modified the fuel pumps or lines at all, just added the KB BAP and running the standard injectors from the Techco supercharger kit. Going into this I knew we'd run out of fuel, but wanted to see what the set-up would run as-is, and needed to get a tune so I could get some miles on the car.

So, here's the result ...

After doing a little dyno driving, he made the first WOT pull and ran out of fuel around 4700 rpm ... the car wouldn't hold any timing ...

496 rwhp at 4650 rpm
579 rwtq at 3850 rpm

Here is a clip of the one pull we made:
YouTube - BMC's Challenger R/T w/ 397ci + Techco Supercharger Dyno

Next up ... fuel pumps and lines! Then back to the dyno to see what's in her ... the potential looks great! Then after that I'll hook the ZEX up to the throttle body ports! :)

Special thanks to Johan for the dyno and tune tonight.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts