Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we are not quit in the same league, I know interior etc. However 0-60 4.9s 1/4 mile 13.3s lateral g's .88g Road and track numbers for our srt8's either beats or ties both of these cars according to Oct. Road and Track. Our cars are actually 6 years old, any way the 2011 300c or the 2012 srt8 won't have much to improve on to beat these new models. Our cars are sooo under rated.:pat:

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
Yes, the SRT is still no slouch, even compared to the new models. It's interior does need a refresh though, and thankfully a new engine is on the way too. It's a shame we have to wait until the 2012 model year for the SRT8 300C with the 6.4L engine.

I think you can compare the cars in terms of performance, but that's pretty much where it ends. Exterior styling is better on the 300, but the interior of those other cars is way better. I'll take performance over a fancy interior any day though. Then there's the price of those other cars :scared:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I love the exterior of the 300. Yes the interior is a little plasticy but I really like the seats and the way it all shines up nice (when I get a chance to clean it). And for the price...seriously no comparison.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Just wait for the 8 speed ^_^

·
Registered
331 Posts
And I would argue that a stock SRT8 can beat those 4.9 and 13.3 numbers relatively easily. At least with the right tires.

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
And it's always so nice to be compared to cars that are way more expensive!

·
Banned
1,095 Posts
BMW 7 - Nothing else this size drives better. Period

LS460 - with its options, it has alot of attractive features and a cushy ride. Lags behind S550 and 750

SRT8 - features from the 8th generation E class, a superb engine/ transmission and possibly the worst gas mileage since the HUMMER H2.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Stock SRT-8 will walk those super lux cars...My bet is a cammed SRT-8 will be dead even with a new 6.4 SRT-8....possibly beat it.

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
^^^ Yes, but you can mod the 6.4L SRT8 with a cam too. I'm curious what the 6.4L with be capable of with just a tune. I'm also thinking that by the 2012 model year, the SRT8 300C will have the 8-speed transmission. I think it would take more than a cam in a 6.1L SRT-8 to take the new model it it has the 8-speed. The gearing of the 5 speed is really slowing our cars down.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
^^^ Yes, but you can mod the 6.4L SRT8 with a cam too. I'm curious what the 6.4L with be capable of with just a tune. I'm also thinking that by the 2012 model year, the SRT8 300C will have the 8-speed transmission. I think it would take more than a cam in a 6.1L SRT-8 to take the new model it it has the 8-speed. The gearing of the 5 speed is really slowing our cars down.
We've seen how well the new 5.7 VCT engines respond to a tune, the 6.4 will no doubt be just as happy if not more so.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I'm betting it will be even heavier and not get the power it needs. Then it will cost a lot more I bet...and 475 at the crank is weak. The little C63 benz has almost that much in stock form.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Whoa there debbie-downer

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
I think there is some RWHP double talk in those projected ratings, and not power at the crank....we'll see.

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
I think we need to just wait and see how it performs at this point. The numbers are out, but not the performance numbers. If you look at the chart from that pamphlet, it looks like the Challenger SRT8 will be competing with the Shelby GT500. I trust that SRT will have a true competitor, even if the power and torque ratings may suggest otherwise.

Oh yeah, and I loved the Saturday Night Live skit with Debbie Downer! That's one of my favorite skits. We could have a series on here called Inferno6.1 Downer. LOL. Bill: "Did you hear that Chrysler is coming out with a new 6.4L engine?" Bob: "That's awesome. I bet it's going to make a mountain of torque." Sam: "Yeah, and somebody at the meeting said Gilles says the new SRT8 will hit 60 mph in under 4 seconds." Bob: "Wow! That's very impressive. I bet it's underrated because Chrsyler and many other manufacturers have been underrating their new vehicles so insurance costs aren't so high." Inferno6.1: "It's gonna be weak. I bet a stock C63 will be able to beat it."

Inferno - Please don't take offense. I'm just trying to "liven" up our discussion :)

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
You should flash a new transmission setup into the car, kinda like they did with the Jeep a few years ago =p Google it if you don't know what I'm talking about.

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
I think my SRT8 gets decent mileage for what it is, when you read the car magazines and look at their observed MPG's and not the EPA numbers, alot of cars land in the 15-20 range which is what our cars do.

Actually the new 5.7 doesn't always take a tune that well from what I have read, Diablosport doesn't really know why either. That said, the automatics can show some decent gains, the 6-speed cars show much less for whatever reason. And, the VCT motors don't respond well to camshaft upgrades so far from what I have read either. Before I moved here from Cincinanti I was starting to get some good hands-on work with these at a local tuner shop...I will confess to not knowing the very latest on this stuff anymore.

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
I'm also thinking that by the 2012 model year, the SRT8 300C will have the 8-speed transmission. I think it would take more than a cam in a 6.1L SRT-8 to take the new model it it has the 8-speed. The gearing of the 5 speed is really slowing our cars down.

Not true if you are speaking from a standing start. The ultra low first gear gives us a strong launch if you can just learn to hook it up. The stock gearing is spot on.

Where the wide ratio 5 speed gives ground is on the roll. We have narrow "sweet spots" on the road, the 8 speed will be HUGE there.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts