Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was in phantom mode on a Bimmerforum just checking it out, I was extremly bored, LOL(used to be a E46 owner myself, traded it in for my 300c). This guy goes boasting on that he kills 300c's easily with a stock 1998 E38. The E38 is an older model 740iL that has a curb weight of 4,200lbs and has 282HP/310T versus our 300c's with 4,000lb weight 340HP/390T. He also goes on too say that his car is Modded, but he only has a CAI and the rest of the Mods are exterior stuff, cosmetic in his case. Most of his forum members call him out on this and some members believe him.
The link
Smoked a 300C - Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum

Another link to more comical kill stories including SRT8's
Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum - Search Results

·
Registered
184 Posts
just read that whole thread,,, what a croc of SHEET, boy there are some knobs about,,,, they really need to get over themselves,,, and thats putting it nicely,,, (could use other words but might get kicked) ha ha

·
Registered
184 Posts
PS,,, what my quote says on my sig says it all,,,,, ha ha,,, lol

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
At least some of them gave the 300 props!!!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Gotta agree with ya there rambit :D

I don't care though in the end what they say, my car's sexier than a dang BMW. :) And I wouldn't trade for an M5, unless I was given the option to sell it and all at the end!

·
Registered
266 Posts
i love this line:

"That said, I guess I jumped the gun in believing all this at first. Upon further searching, the subsequent numbers posted all over this thread seem to add up just about right. My vote is that this was a race against the V8 NON-hemi 300."

anybody with a non-hemi v8 300c should chime in about their car's performance!! :smashfrea

·
Registered
169 Posts
At least some of them gave the 300 props!!!

Bernie
I think most of the responders called him on it. Frankly I don't think buddy in the LX was even trying.

cheers

·
Registered
155 Posts
I didnt read the story and dont care for it, street racing is stupid anyways. Everybody has their supposed kill stories, there are just as many comical ones on 300cforums as any other site. My guess is anyone who post stories like this 1) is very young 2) doesnt know much about cars and basic physics.

As a BMW owner I can say that bimmerforums is a great website with more technical info then one could ever imagine if you own a BMW. Any mechanical issue I have ever encountered with my BMW has been fixed by myself with the info from that website.

I hope it is the same for this website.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I didnt read the story and dont care for it, street racing is stupid anyways. Everybody has their supposed kill stories, there are just as many comical ones on 300cforums as any other site. My guess is anyone who post stories like this 1) is very young 2) doesnt know much about cars and basic physics.
I can agree with you on one thing. Street racing is indeed stupid and I've seen the horrific ending of it many times. I work for the fire department and I would never street race unless it was a controlled environment such as a drag strip. I'd race there, but not until I get some performance Mods in my stock 300C.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jasonb not condoning street racing? Wow.

What happened to your GC?
LOL, Here's a few reasons I personally wont street race.
1) Killing myself (obviously #1 reason)
2) Killing someone else
3) Getting caught, getting fired!
4) Wrecking my precious car
5) Cause I have no Performance Mods, Yet!!!!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
541 Posts
I don't think it's fair to criticize the whole BMW community on this topic, as some past posters in this thread have. On the whole, the BMW forum mentioned contains the same type of people we have here - people who love their cars, who care about good driving, and who are enthusiasts.

There are always bad apples on any forum.

I doubt that the average BMW driver is pissing on our cars (as we saw in the thread, many defended the 300C in this case). I expect that these are people that, if you met them on the track, would shake your hand and welcome a conversation with a fellow car enthusiast.

I used to post on bimmerforums - I used to drive a BMW. I loved it. I love my SRT-8 as well.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't think it's fair to criticize the whole BMW community on this topic, as some past posters in this thread have. On the whole, the BMW forum mentioned contains the same type of people we have here - people who love their cars, who care about good driving, and who are enthusiasts.

There are always bad apples on any forum.

I doubt that the average BMW driver is pissing on our cars (as we saw in the thread, many defended the 300C in this case). I expect that these are people that, if you met them on the track, would shake your hand and welcome a conversation with a fellow car enthusiast.

I used to post on bimmerforums - I used to drive a BMW. I loved it. I love my SRT-8 as well.
:fing02: You are 100% right my friend! I didn't intend on posting this thread to bad mouth the BMW whatsoever. Like I said, I owned a BMW E46 for 4 years and enjoyed it. It really is a quality made car with excellent handling and performance. I just couldn't help myself to show others what a non-Chyrsler owner thought and posted on the Bimmer forum. The reaction of his BMW mates although was priceless!!!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
ive come to realize that even tho i love the occassional stop light battle, and definitley enjoy walking all over cars that think they will take me down, that you are mostly beating the driver, not the car. sure some cars are not going to win and thats that, but others, modded Camaros and 335is, will hold their own. you beat the drivers, plain and simple.

on the accordv6.com forum back in the day, we had a kid who claimed to beat Vipers and Vettes on a regular basis. There was even a video of him beating a TL-S and a 6 speed G35 coupe. the accordv6 was NOT a fast car, it could barely keep up with those 2 cars, let alone Vipers and Vettes...but when you are willing to pass on the shoulder of the highway at 90 mph, and the Viper is not, i guess you did beat him.

anyway, point is, he very well could have beat the DRIVER of that 300, but car for car on the strip, and in the back of his mind, i think he knows the truth.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Your 100% right Casey.It comes down to how much balls the driver has behind the wheel!For an example when I get tailgated I always say to myself lets see how much balls this guy has so I take off on them and almost always I start seeing them getting further and further back in my rear view mirrior.

·
Registered
223 Posts
My rules of engagement are simple...

1) I NEVER use other cars as an obstacle course EVER... that's just idiotic.

2) If I can't see 60 seconds of clean (nice and straight and cop-free) road ahead of me I won't play.

3) Vehicle maintenance... Check yo s*** befo' you wreck yo s***.

·
Registered
300 Posts
bmw /300c

Raced way too many bmw-330i and 740's , cleaned them every time . However , I just test drove the new bmw -135i (twin turbo six) and it was really sweet !
The bimmer was definitally quicker than my 300c and handles like a race car , yet still that bmw quality of chasis and refinement . You got give it to bmw for refining their cars over the years and now one of the best built machines out there .
B D HEMI

1 - 20 of 26 Posts