Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Hopefully everyone had a good weekend. Back to the grind tomorrow. Some of you might of seen me post a few pictures of my silver 2012 SRT 300 throughout the forum, but I had to give it up this weekend and get a white 2013 SRT 300. The car is pretty much the same besides a few things I noticed in the interior vs 2012. Below is one of the shots I did this weekend of it.

-James

·
Registered
150 Posts
What kind of HIT did you take swapping them out? Been sort of contemplating this move here but with the way these newer 300's have been depreciating in value, I think i'm just going to hang on to her till the Jeep's come down a bit.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of HIT did you take swapping them out? Been sort of contemplating this move here but with the way these newer 300's have been depreciating in value, I think i'm just going to hang on to her till the Jeep's come down a bit.
I took a 2G hit with the trade. Yes it hurts but this one I will hold onto for a while. The depreciating value is ridiculous on these cars. Yes the jeep is very nice and im sure they will come down in price due to depreciation and being that there is only a select few that buy the jeeps.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Why did you trade a 2012 in for a 2013? Very minor differences between those two years...

And I'm waiting for the 2014 Jeep SRT to come down in price to trade in my 2008 Jeep SRT8 for one!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why did you trade a 2012 in for a 2013? Very minor differences between those two years...

And I'm waiting for the 2014 Jeep SRT to come down in price to trade in my 2008 Jeep SRT8 for one!
There are little things that are different between the years but not much. Reasoning why I traded the 12 for the 13 is because I will be shipping the car overseas to Italy and the 13 has 36,000 miles less than the 12. Other reasoning is that even though I lost 2G's in the trade, I still got a decent deal on new car so I decided to take it.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Hell I guess if I only lost two grand to get a car with that many fewer miles and a year newer I would take it too!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Being in the car business of course at a Chrysler dealership, the problem isn't that the car depreciate it's that most dealers don't want to hold inventory that covers 2-3 used cars on one car so they want to give you less. Also you have to realize that it is a small market for the SRT cars because most can't afford them. I was looking at trade my 300S for a SRT but those cars are best gotten through leasing not buying.

CarGuy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts