Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Boosted1: Mopar lowering Springs

13K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Boostedgallardo 
#1 ·
Hello Guys,

Just put in my order for the Mopar springs. Hopefully I'll enjoy them as much as everyone else does who has them.

Ill post a few after pictures once its on and settles.

A few old pictures I took of before:

See less See more
#4 ·
Received my order of the Mopar springs.

Does anyone have any little things I should look out for when doing the install?

I will be doing the install myself. I've read most people have taken theirs to a shop to have them install the springs so I'm not sure how much help I will get on this.

Seems pretty simple since its just springs.

-James

#5 ·
Sorry guys its been awhile but I finally put the springs on.

One guy said it on another thread when he put his on "why did I wait so long". I agree with him.

So a lot of people have been saying that the fronts are the difficult part of the whole process. I will argue that comment because I had a lift, air tools, etc and the fronts were changed out in about 30min to 45min. Not sure what the trouble everyone was running into with the fronts.

The rear's on the other hand were a different story. Took out the bolts for the lower control arms and the springs fell right out. Trying to line up the control arms to put it all back together was another story. You almost have to "twist" the control arm to line the wholes up to get the bolt through.

I didn't have to drop the rear end or anything like that if you guys were wondering. Everything went smooth and it took me about 2hours and 45 to 3 hours to accomplished.

This is what the car looks like from this weekend after a week of settling.

#7 ·
Looks good bud!

#10 ·
It looks like standard height after the springs fitted?????

Im wanting to lower the rear end only of my 2012 SRT8 by 20mm to match/level with the standard height of the front which is pretty low as it is.

Mopar springs only lower the rear 13mm which is not enough or what I am after.

How much can I lower the rear height (with new or compressed springs) before I start affecting the performance of the standard Bilsteins that are fitted?

Nobody can give me an answer and Ive searched everywhere.

Cheers.

Attachments

#11 ·
MaxSRT,

Anyone that runs the mopar springs will tell you that the drop isn't a big drop. I believe that it is actually less than an inch, but it is very noticeable. Especially in the front. Yes there's a significant gap in the rear with the stock height but with the mopar springs or any springs for that matter it does close the gap a little bit.

As far as just lowering the rear I don't believe that is possible. Reason why is that since the car has "leveling sensors" and if the car isn't "level",codes will be thrown and the adaptive suspension will not work (atleast from what Ive read). I would look at the eibach springs as well. I've seen a few guys with our cars run that setup and if I remember correctly it lowers the car more than what the mopar springs do.

My opinon on the mopar springs is that I ask myself why did I wait so long to install them. The ride is a little stiffer than the stock suspension but still comfortable. When the suspension is activated then all hell breaks loose. Car gets really stiff as expected an the cornering is better as well.

I know its a lot to read but hopefully this helps.

-James

#12 · (Edited)
I finally got these done today. The pictures attached are the same day of the install, only hours after the job and alignment was finished. According to the Speedlogix site, where i purchased the springs, the drop is 13mm (about 1/2") back and 20 mm (about .8") in the front. I did not want a significant drop so this worked fine. the installer also noticed the springs will settle a bit more over time. one thing they did note was the camber was hard to adjust once lowered, when doing the alignment. they asked if there was a camber adjustment kit that would supplement this spring set.

ride quality feels to be about the same. i have not had a chance to try on backroads yet. Anyway, this is how it should have came from Chrysler in the first place.

one last note. when i considered doing this last year, the parts were out of stock for quite some time. the dealer i talked to where the car is serviced said this happens sometimes when they switch suppliers. so does anyone know, who is the actual manufacturer of the mopar springs?

20160421_150948 by sixpointzero

20160421_150844 by sixpointzero

20160421_150837 by sixpointzero

#14 ·
Hi Yellow Troy,

I was wondering the same, I just took the risk and purchased the Mopar Stage 1 lowering springs (P5155436) I have a 2015 Aus Delivered SRT.

I have had them fitted and they work perfectly. As the other members in this thread have mentioned, its not a huge drop, aboud 20mm in the front and around 15mm in the rear.

I have fitted 22's to my ride also, they sit perfectly.

I hope this helps.

-Michael

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.