Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Boot Opening Problem?

Can anyone tell me how far the boot should open with the interior button or the remote.

|It clicks open okay but only lifts a few mm's I have to put my finger at the bottom of the boot and lift it then it will open fully.

I am not sure if it just down to the struts being k**ackered or this is normal for the car (not had it long)

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
No,that's normal

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
No probs

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I did start a tread on a boot (trunk) opening system, that I have on a previous car, but due to forum rules it was shot out of the air and closed.

I know that something can be done on the 1st Generation 300C, I just wanted to know if any like minded other forum members might be interested, but hay ho, forums and their rules!!!! :saevil:

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
I did start a tread on a boot (trunk) opening system, that I have on a previous car, but due to forum rules it was shot out of the air and closed.

I know that something can be done on the 1st Generation 300C, I just wanted to know if any like minded other forum members might be interested, but hay ho, forums and there rules!!!! :saevil:
Your original post on your boot opening system sounded like you were selling something for something like 35 to 45 pounds.

If you were to post a DIY showing how you do it, and what parts/cost/labor it takes, that would be a different matter.

Reactions: Kaiser Bill

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your original post on your boot opening system sounded like you were selling something for something like 35 to 45 pounds.

If you were to post a DIY showing how you do it, and what parts/cost/labor it takes, that would be a different matter.
mmm, I hear what you are saying, I was not selling the items to make up the kit, I was purely giving an idea of the cost of the items that I previously brought for my MGR (MG Rover) vehicle, came to about £30.00 by the time you get the springs cut to the right length and the bits & pieces and that was few years ago that's why I came up with the figure of £35-40 at current prices on the stainless steel springs that are used. At no time did I offer the "kit" for sale, I was just gauging the forum members interest in such a project

If anyone was interested I was going to get in touch with the suppliers of the components and get a costing, as always with suppliers if your talking of a one off the price would be different to a bulk purchase.

I will do the mod for my own use and leave others to sort it out for them self's.

I think I have said all that I want to on the subject, so if the mods want to close the thread then can.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I think I might be interested in this mod, is there any way I can persuade you to photograph it as you go and post a write up?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
I assume if the mod works and the boot does spring fully open it must also make it much harder to shut ?
Dont think you can have one without the other unless the design is really good.

Jack

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
and what about the strain on the hinges as it whacks the stopper??? or in fact the boot lid itself????

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I assume if the mod works and the boot does spring fully open it must also make it much harder to shut ?
Dont think you can have one without the other unless the design is really good.

Jack
Hi Jack

Your right, it is harder to close, but I would prefer it to spring open when I have my hands full of stuff and not have to have put everything down to open the lid.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
and what about the strain on the hinges as it whacks the stopper??? or in fact the boot lid itself????
The tension should only be enough to open the lid fully, it does not need to be able to propel the cat that's sitting on your boot over the roof onto the bonnet!!

My MGR cars had this mod fitted for over a year and half and never had any problems with the hinges or the struts.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Hi Jack

Your right, it is harder to close, but I would prefer it to spring open when I have my hands full of stuff and not have to have put everything down to open the lid.
Yes, see what you mean.
As Del Boy says, "YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE RODNEY"

Jack

1 - 14 of 14 Posts